Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload/Download files From UI5 Using SAP EasyDMS

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to upload a pdf/image or any file to dms, Tested it from BAPI's(BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2) which are available in SAP where I can upload and download pdf/images or from the presentation server.

can you put some lights on how we can do it from third party system.what are the conversions formats which we need to follow, please provide some inputs.

Thanks,

Syam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Syam,

to be honest I'm not sure if this will work with BAPI_DOCUEMNT_CREATE2. Because the DMS BAPIs must be able to access the file that should be uploaded. So if the file must be located on a reachable destination.

But if the file is accessible than you have to fill the path/file data into table DOCUMENTFILES together with a  storage category. For further information on the DMS BAPIs please see the SAP note 766277 where you find a complete BAPI documentation in the attachment area.

Best regards,
Christoph

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Thanks for quick turnaround.

As u said, document got successfully uploaded in DMS when we use the above mentioned BAPI with in SAP System using SAPGUI.

Here My requirement is to upload from front end(UI5-Third-party systems), so we will not get the file path instead  we will get the xstring. so we are trying to use API'S to send the content and save the document in DMS instead file-path.

1)Converting the xstring to Binary.
2) CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN.

we tried with above flow for document update with required input data(content value/storage cat/document no/type) but in CV03N it's not able to update successfully.

Can you please help me on how to make successful update using this Custom API

antonette_oberholster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Syam

Were you able to find a solution to this?

We are also trying to upload documents into DMS from SAPUI5

Regards

Antonette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you guys find any solution for this ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

neil_hargreaves4
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Did anyone get a solution for this?