cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic role Assignment in Portal using Web dynpro Java?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have following requirement for dynamic role assignment.

1) User Login to Portal.

2) User Clicks on Home Tab in Portal, through RFC/BAPI, get Role from Backend(ECC) and compare the role ID with Portal Object ID through UME.

Role gets assigned in Portal after comparison, if it exists in Portal.

Can you please let me know what all steps I need to do to complete the above assignment.

Thank you
Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

you will need to create a WD application which is embedded on the Home Tab of the portal.

I would suggest using webdynpro java. You could call your backend via adaptive rfc model to get the role id (). Then you can query and update the UME objects via UME-API (http://help.sap.com/javadocs/nw04s/sps09/se/index.html).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tobias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias.

To be precise I will explian my requirement.

1) User Login ( User ID will be input to RFC)

2) RFC will get Role for that user ID from Backend(ECC) and return that role ID to Portal.

3) Now With the help of UME API, need to search role ID in Portal, If it exists, no action.

If Role ID does not exists, then it shuld assign that role in Portal.

Sorry for tedious comment.

I am a bit new to webdyn pro.

Can you please tell me each step i need to follow to complete the above requirement.

Many Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I would suggest that you have described your technical solution, not necessarily the actual requirement.  I'd still like to understand why you need to do this, as it seems a little unusual in my mind to be automatically granting permissions in a Portal system.

If you do decide that this is your only way forward, the list of steps you have posted here are pretty much what you need to do, so I'd suggest you start build your WD Java application and then come back if you have any specific questions or problems.

Cheers,

G.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm intrigued as to why you'd want to do this.  Have you considered looking at CUA (Central User Admin) which can be used to centrally control authorisations across all SAP systems?

I'd be a bit cautious of having user roles assigned to users dynamically in this manner, as for security reasons you then have less control over who can access what.

Cheers,

G.