cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries arising from experiences using SAP Personas

simonpolovina1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello I recently conducted some introductory Personas 2 training and as always had many queries from the delegates.

I know as an instructor I supposed to have all the answers 🙂 But I also thought the following selection of their queries go wider than that, in providing feedback on some of the possible general issues being experienced in developing Personas in practice [as well as answers from any of you if you have managed to overcome any of them please 🙂 ]

Anyway here they are:

1. Does not work to copy from the table with a hidden script more than 50 lines (for example if using SE16N to select material groups in MM01)

2. Difficult to select views in the material master, the tab key caching in the MM01 (and generally difficult with the tab key caching in create mode for example if there is only 1 TAB in MM01)

3. Mandatory field does not work if selected to be mandatory, no error message is given (so this needs to be supported by, say, JavaScript?)

4. If creating a text box in Personas, we can make it very big and high, but when we enter text we can only write on the first line, it is not possible to write on line 2, 3 and so on

5. How create search function (F4) in SAP Screen Personas without create a script to find correct value in eg. SE16N? Not by using drop down list (so would using WebRFC in a script be the viable alternative?)

And a couple of experiences/queries surrounding Admin:

6. If logging in as an Administrator role, must always save and then go out and back to see changes to the flavors / users maintenance

7. System wide settings is located in the SPRO in the Admin role and why i.e. why is this located 2 places in SPRO?

Perhaps some of these will be addressed in Personas 3+?

And my apologies for putting all these into one discussion thread, but I think together they provide a collective context of the experiences as a whole.

So any thoughts or answers appreciated on any of the above, and at least I hope it provides useful feedback to the Personas community and to the developers at SAP ,-)

Thanks, Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

1. can you be more clear

2. MM01 in general a bit tricky to use tab cache. But with combination of additional action, it works nicely. Also you need to take care of the mandatory fields. If you want to start a new discussion thread, would be great so that others can pitch in too.

3. in Personas 2.0, marking mandatory field is a visual indicator. You can use script+pushonenter to validate/make it mandatory

4. yes. Its single line in personas 2.0. But in Personas 3.0, you can also include muti line.

5. In personas 2.0, the only way to have search help for custom textbox is to go via scripting route OR see tamas's blog http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2014/01/17/search-help-for-a-custom-field-in-personas or webrfc

In Personas 3.0, you will have an option to assign any F4 search help to custom textbox directly (without scripting and all).

6. you mean edit->display mode? you will have display button..

7. http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2013/07/31/sap-screen-personas-profile-wide-settings

You would only goto SPRO when you need to add any control and NOT defining its properties.

simonpolovina1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushant, most helpful!

Re 1 essentially it is when a table displays more than 50 items. Presently results have to be restricted to 50 items max and this is not always desirable.

Re 2 at I've posted the the new thread.

Simon

iker_espinosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with Screen Personas, MM01 transaction.

I know how mandatory filds work in SAP Screen Personas, but is it not possible to use these fields in other tabs?

How could I configure just 1 tab with mandatory fields used in other tabs?

Iker Espinosa.

Answers (0)