cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Chaces in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I request some guidance on my plans to enter SAP arena as I am a new entrant in this field.... below is the brief of my profile..

1) Total Experience: 6yrs (Banking & Insurance)

2) Bachelors in Computer Science & PG Diploma in Insurance Mgmt

3) The graduation was a 3 yr degree program which I completed in 5 yrs & the PG diploma was a one year course.

4) Age 29yrs

I have decided to switch my BFSI industry to IT & planning to go for a SAP Certificaiton & seeking views on below queries:

a) Does a SAP certification requires a 4 yr bachelor degree since my graduation was a 3 yrs program ?

b) Will my age be a constraint to join the program ?

c) I am planning to join ATOS for the certification; which city would be better Bangalore or Hyderabad or Mumbai ?

d) Which module should I select to enter SAP ?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a further tip, don't worry about certification for now. You don't need to be certified to start a SAP career. The main thing is to get some training and get yourself into a SAP job. That second step is the hardest!

Certification comes later, as confirmation that you have the requisite knowledge and experience.

cheers & good luck

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Paul..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I have got no clue about SAP.... like where to start from & why any employer will hire me without basics; that's why I was thinking initiate the certification.

Thanks again for your kind & motivating response.

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about this:

Get yourself a job with a company (or government department) that runs SAP.

Even if your job is not immediately SAP-related.

Then try to get exposure to SAP and learn as much as you can on your free time.

Your enthusiasm will be noted, and before you know it...

cheers

Paul

former_member625496
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ankur,

It will also help you to know if you want to focus on BASIS, ABAP, or Techno-Functional; and which module. It is always easier to start with a SAP module where you have industry experience; that way you can correlate the business processes with the system itself.

I definitely agree with Paul; working as a SAP-user in a company that runs SAP will give you exposure to the system and even the chance of participating in a SAP project.

Good luck in your search

Jaime

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) SAP certification doesn't require any degree. You just enroll, of course pay the amount and you can try to pass the certification. It would be good for you to enroll some official training before taking certification.

2) I don't think so. In my opinion SAP carrier doesn't require any age and you can join anytime. It is about knowledge and skills.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kamil.... Your reply has boosted my confidence

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more advice - try to look on SAP Learning Hub. There are valuable free online courses, video and other materials. If you are very beginner, it will be great for you to start there with the basics and introduction to SAP technologies.

Here is the list of free courses: