cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST02 shows multiple servers after heterogenous system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're facing a strange behaviour in ST02 after a system copy using MaxDB backup/restore with SWPM (backup was from our production system). When we click on history, no data is shown:

We have to click on "-> Server", then the data is shown:

Does anyone know how to make history work?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

please check SM51 which servers do you see there and please check the table SAPWLSERV as Kamil has already suggested, if this table contains correct short hostnames for each server. Please check also, which server names returns function module TH_SERVER_LIST.

You can delete entries in table SAPWLSERV and execute the report RSSTAT98 to recreate the entries again.

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

I am facing the same issue, my server name is EUSAPADHR01_HRP_30 it is properly displayed in table SAPWLSERV and SM51.

All my servers are newly installed NW 7.4 EHP7..

In table SAPWLSERV contents are as follows.

NAME                                    INSTNO                                HOST                             LASTDAY    INSTSHORT HOSTSHORT

EUSAPADHR01_HRP_30                      30     EUSAPADHR01         03.04.2015 EUSAPA#1  EUSAPA~1

whereas in ST02 only if I click on the server name I am getting the history data, also it shows as - history data for server eusapadh_HRP_30 (its been truncated to eight characters)

I have checked in osmon table too there server name is populated as EUSAPA~1, not sure what the issue is.

Please help, also let me know if I need to delete the entry from table SAPWLSERV and execute the report RSSTAT98 to recreate the entries again will it solve my case.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Follow the recommendation given above and also check for the SAP notes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

OSS Notes all point to check the table SAPWLSERV  and OSMON to check for the entries and they are valid only for old releases.

Mine is EHP7 NW 7.4..

So I am wanted to know the implication of deleting entries in table SAPWLSERV and execute the report RSSTAT98 to recreate the entries again.

Please help here.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

is it a windows server? What are the hostnames in SM51? Is the hostname notation mixed up in SM51 (upper and lower case letters)? Please take a look at the notes:

2069773 - ST02: No buffer history

2077723 - ST02: No buffer history

if these corrections are implemented.

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Os - AIX 6.1 DB-  Oracle

in SM51 hostname is clear everything is in small case and not mixed up

server name - (hostname_sid_40) EUSAPADHR01_HRP_30.

My release is EHP7 NW 7.4.FYI, my issue is in ST02 only if I click on the server name I am getting the history data, also it shows as - history data for server eusapadh_HRP_30 (its been truncated to eight characters)

I believe as there is some mismatch somewhere in hostname, if i click on the server name after selecting history from ST02 it displays the data that too in small case like Buffer history for eusapadh.

Whereas initial click of the history data it shows like Buffer history for EUSAPADHR01 and no data is displayed.

Above notes does not seem to be related to my issue. Please help..

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

could you please attach (if possible):

- a screenshot about SM51
- hostname which is set in the parameter SAPLOCALHOST
- hostname which is returned by the OS command "hostname" (in case EUSAPADHR01 is a physical hostname)
- if you are using virtual hostnames, please check, which hostname returns "niping -v -H EUSAPADHR01"
- screenshots about what you see in ST02
- basis support package level of the system

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

I cant provide screen shots for all, I will provide the info as in the system

server namehostmessage typesstatus
EUSAPADHR01_HRP_40eusapadhr01Dialog Batch Update Upd2 Spool ICMActive

SAPLOCALHOST - EUSAPADHR01

hostname returns - EUSAPADHR01

screen shots about st02 (ST02 - history) returns no data (Similar results as posted in the initial query at the top)

Text - Tune: Buffer history of recent days for the server EUSAPADHR01

ST02 - History - Server name - Returns history data for one month

Text - Tune: Buffer history of recent days for the server eusapadh

Basis support pack SAPKB74005

Please help.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

thank you. In SM51 in the server name "EUSAPADHR01_HRP_40" you should see the same hostname like for "host" in the same notation. Currently for "host" the hostname "eusapadhr01" in lower case letters is used. You should find out, from where the SAP system gets  "eusapadhr01" in lower case letters.

Does the message server run on a different host? Could you please logon to this host and try to resolve the hostname "EUSAPADHR01" with "niping -v -H EUSAPADHR01"? Which hostname do you get back?

ST02 should display the long instance name as of basis releases 7.11 and 7.01, it should not truncate the hostname to "eusapadh". I would still advise to implement the both notes as above and to ensure, that the same hostname is used in SM51 for "server name" and "host".

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

Thanks for the help.

Mine is EHP7 NW 7.4, standard system, cent serv instance(Mes Serv & Enqueue server), primary app server (Dia Bg Up Spo) runs on the single host along with Oracle DB 11.2.0.4.

In my rest of the systems also I have the same notations, server name its in upper case and hostname is in lower case (ofcourse they are of other netweaver release) for SM51.

niping results

Hostname/Nodeaddr verification:

===============================

Hostname of local computer: EUSAPADHR01                      (NiMyHostName)

FQHN of local computer: EUSAPADHR01.dfs                      (NiGetOwnFQDN)

Lookup of hostname: EUSAPADHR01                              (NiHostToAddr)

--> IP-Addr.: 10.170.83.88

Lookup of IP-Addr.: 10.170.83.88                             (NiAddrToHost)

--> Hostname: eusapadhr01.abc

Lookup of hostname: EUSAPADHR01                              (NiHostToAddr)

--> IP-Addr.: 10.170.83.88

Lookup of IP-Addr.: 10.170.83.88                             (NiAddrToHost)

--> Hostname: eusapadhr01.abc

Yes initially it gives 8 characters in the text.

But in the actual values it is like eusapadh_HRP_40..

Hope you understand my case.

Ok so implementing the note would fix this ST02 history issue - confirm?

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

I'm not sure, if the both notes will solve the history issue in ST02, but the notes will improve how the hostnames are handled in ST02.

So you have only actual data in ST02 for the instance eusapadh_HRP_40, and history data for the hostname eusapadh which is truncated? To collect history data and store these data in MONI table the hostnames from the table SAPWLSERV are used. As per your information the hostnames in this table are in upper case notation. To get it working correctly you have to ensure, that SM51 also using only hostnames in upper case letters.

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

No I have the current actual data displayed in ST02 initial screen. For history data I click on the history data from initial screen, I am not getting any history data displayed, whereas when I click on server names it displays the history data. Text is like history data for "eusapadh" and below it displays the history data for all buffers with instance named as "eusapadh_HRP_40". Hope I am putting it right.

To get the hostname in caps SM51 what should be done, I see that SAPLOCALHOST also has the host name in upper case from where data is pulled in table SAPWLSERV.

In the other servers also hostname is in upper case in table SAPWLSERV and its in lower case in SM51 there i get history data displayed properly but its in NW release 7.0 SP 30.

Please share your thoughts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please let me know if I can straight away go ahead and implement both the OSS Notes and there wont be any implications after performing manual steps suggested in OSS note in st03n?.

Please help with my query.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

the only impact of performing manual steps in ST03 is, that you will delete the available history data in ST02. After that ST02 should start to collect the data under correct hostnames.

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alwina I have implemented the OSS Note. sapwlserv hostname and sm51 hostname now matches.

Waiting to see the results in ST02 history

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

do you have already first data in ST02 after applying the notes? What is the instance name in ST02 now? Do you still see the truncated hostname in ST02?

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alwina, Yes I was able to see one day data. Now in spawlserv and sm51 hostname is in lower case.

Whereas in ST02 I have to click on server name to display the history data, there now it shows the server name in upper case, not truncated.

So I have applied the other note 2077723 too just to get rid of any inconsistencies.

Waiting for the results.

Thanks for asking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved. Now no inconsistencies

ST02 displays the history data just the way it should.

P.S I am not able to mark your answer as right/helpful.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

thanks for the update, i'm glad to hear, that I could help 🙂 Probably only the author of the discussion can mark the answers as right/helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

try to check table SAPWLSERV. Probably you will find there your two servers (which means you can delete the old one). And then check the data for the actual server, if they are correct.

Kind regards