cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see Save / Submit buttons after Deep copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I made deep copy of "BS_OVP_CU" configuration and assigned Z configuration to a workflow step but after that I am not able to see Save and Submit buttons and also Change Request section is missing.

Am I missing some configurations, will you please help me with this.

Thanks

Ninad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, you should follow Michael's advise. Deep copy seems a simple solution at the beginning but unless you are a well-versed WDA developer, you will struggle mightily with it.

Any way, for BP WDA, you need to do the following:

• Go to SE80,
  • Open web dynpro compoent MDG_BS_GOV_COMMUNICATOR
  • Expand the Component Configuration folder
  • Right-click the name of the component you copied (BS_OVP_CU)
  • Copy it to the EXACT same name of the new APPLICATION configuration you created.

Your MDG CR should work now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks a lot for your response, but I already have component configuration with Z name in MDG_BS_GOV_COMMUNICATOR.

Thanks

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please post a screenshot of the Communicator component configuration and a screenshot of the deep-copied application configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Attaching screenshots, please let me know if you want any more screenshots.

Please let me know if you want any more details.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

unfortunately there are still a few steps missing. A deep copy of the OVP usually copies all UIBBs, too (of course, this depends on the settings of the actual deep copy, but if I remember right, copying all UIBBs is the default setting). As a result you'll get a new OVP that is built with "Z" UIBBs.

If you copy the communicator settings, the actual settings inside are not changed. If is not sufficient to copy only, but all the configuration inside the copied communicator settings have to be adjusted, too:

- CR Wiring

- Search UIBBs

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am new to FPM will you please tell me how will I do communicator settings, CR Wiring, etc.

Thanks

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael & Abdullah,

CR Wiring was missing, and now I an see buttons & CR section

Ninad

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

deep copies are not recommended by SAP. Please use the recommended extension technologies (e.g. customizing, enhancement, CBAs) instead. You might find the documents at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858 helpful.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I do understand that deep copy is not recommended but I have some scenarios for which I need to do this.

Thanks

Ninad

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

please keep in mind that using a deep copy decouples your UI from any corrections made by SAP in the standard UI. You might run into a mismatch and in the worst case invalid / erroneous behavior of your copied UI. In that case SAP cannot provide any development support since SAP is not responsible for copied / custom UIs.

I'm still wondering which scenario you're talking about?! You can use both the CR type and the current workflow step as dimensions for CBAs. This is not sufficient?

Best regards

Michael