cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focus lost event on Input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to capture focus lost event on a Input field in Web Dynpro?

Is it possible to make a server submit when focus is lost on a input field?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FocusLost is currently not supported for the InputField UI element. There is only InputField.onEnter available.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Armin.

Can custom JavaScript be written and used in web dynpro? Also, do you know that FocusLost will be supported in future?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Javascript: no, FocusLost: don't know.

Remember: Web Dynpro is not HTML-only but supports also other types of clients.

Armin

former_member189326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please also remember that the <i>onEnter</i> event being discussed here is not the same onEnter event that many are familiar with from the JavaScript world.

The JavaScript <i>onEnter</i> is purely a client-side event and refers to the user entering an input field with his or her cursor, not necessarily data entry.

The Web Dynpro <i>onEnter</i> requires a client-server round trip (since this event is handled on the server). It does not have to do with client-side UI navigation or gaining and losing focus on the client. This refers to actual data entry, i.e. the "Enter" the event is refering to is the enter key, or submit.

Having said that - there is no event on a text input field when you give it focus (or take it away) on the client. However, there is an <i>onEnter </i>(on the server!) in a drop-down entry, for instance, when an item is selected. This can be used to populate other fields when a drop-down selection is made. I assume the same is true for radio selections and similar, but I'm not entirely certain.

There are a few other threads on this subject as well.

Boris