cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Launchpad Customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to add a custom webdynpro abap application to the Launchpad role. Below is the settings i have done but i am unable to open the application on click of the button. I can see a button with the name in my PPM application but the application is not getting opened.

Do i need to pass the Application alias for that? if yes, please can anyone provide me the steps for Creating it.

Is any other setting i am missing here?

Thanks,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

I recently had a requirement to work with Launchpad customising and although my requirement was not the same as yours I did learn a few things

My requirement was to link to a transaction in PS (CJ30) and it seems that yours is to link to checklist Items in this example.

I can confirm that you will need an application alias. In my case it was to 0RPMFIWBSELEMNT

Can you take a look at the 'Define Navigation Settings' configuration and see if there is an application alias there that you can use for checklists?

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply C.

In my case it is a custom developed (Z) Webdynpro Application and the checklist is just a name i have provided for that application.  I dont know how to create Application alias for custom developed WDA.

Can any one kinldy suggest?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rabikiran_sahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Please check the variant ZZRPM_RIH in Application configuration of your webdynpro component .

If you don't find the variant in application configuration with the same name you have to create a Variant with ZZRPM_RIH, You can have a glimpse at the standard Application configurations where we have variants.

Thanks,

Rabi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Rabi.

It will be very helpful for me if u can provide me steps for creating the Variant in application configuration.

I am not finding the create variants screen anywhere in the start configurator window of App.configurator.

Appreciate ur help.

Thanks,

pavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i am able to open my webdynpro application by creating an entry in 'Define Navigation Settings' with the application alias name i have provided, Now the issue is, i am unable to read the Portfolio guid in my WDA application. I tried below code but it is not returning me the values.

Any ideas?

Thanks .

* Get Instance of session state class

wd_this->mr_session_state = cl_inm_session_state=>get_instance( ).

* Obtain current context from session state.

CALL METHOD wd_this->mr_session_state->get_current_context

IMPORTING

ev_main_port_guid = lv_main_port_guid

es_context        = ls_context.