cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain unable to delete PSA requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running into a very unique situation in BW 7.4 where the Process Chain event is unable to delete PSA requests only for certain standard 3.x DataSources that start with 80. These DataSources are loaded through InfoPackage groups.

I can manually delete these requests from the 3.x DataSources but not through the process chain event. Interestingly other 3.x Custom DataSources (that begin with 8Z) have no such issue with PSA request deletions through Process Chain.

I do not receive any error message from the process chain, the selection does not seem to pick any requests associated with these DataSources. I checked this blog Change Log and PSA Variant does not delete the Change Log and PSA requests - Business Intelligence (...

but note 1385479 is already implemented.

I am uploading a picture with this post, there are more than 100 requests that are older than 5 days in 80SD_C04 but no deletion happens through the process chain step 'Delete all PSA requests' in the process chain.

Has anyone else run into this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_devine
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this note for possible solution:

1942733 - Unable to delete old PSA requests using process chain

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Micheal,

After implementing above note my issue has resolved.

Thanks,

Pradeep E.

michael_devine
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

glad to help.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did try the suggestion specified in the note to check only one of the two checkbox options in the PSA deletion variation but still continuing to experience the same issue.

I went ahead and developed a custom program that uses the FM RSSM_PROCESS_PSADELETE to delete these 3.x DataSource PSA Requests.

The interesting thing is that the process chain step variant is successfully able to successfully delete custom 3.x DataSources that start with '8Z' but not the standard ones such as 80PUR_DS03.

Attached are screenshots of the detailed log.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael, Pani

I followed the steps in the SAP Note but in my case it is still not deleting the PSA requests. Any advise?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

The note did not work for me. So, I had to develop a custom program that uses the function module RSSM_PROCESS_PSADELETE to delete 3.x DataSource PSA requests

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please apply the note before applying the take help with the basis team.

SAP NOTE - 1942733 - Unable to delete PSA requests using process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Smith,

Could you show the configurations which you configured at PSA Variant ?

Thanks,

Pradeep E.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I have attached the screenshots in the above reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Smith,

We are facing similar issue. Please let us know if your issue has resolved.

Warm Regards,

Pradeep Emmidi.