cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Cumulative ATP

ygupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have some shifting dates within the supply side of the business. When a Purchase order date moves forward, negative cumulative ATP results for a short time till the nightly rescheduling job fixes the non fixed date and qty sales orders. However, till that happens ( Rescheduling) the negative cumulative ATP results in a free for all for any new sales orders which stand to get (undue) stock allocations over existing sales orders. Has anyone faced this scenario.. the ABAP team tried to get a report on negative inventory but no luck till now.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ygupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

The correct answer is  - TC OVZJ has a setting for Availability Check Rule REVFP as "E" (Dialog box in the case of shortages (batch/BAPI dlv. prpsl) as opposed to Blank (Dialog box in the case of shortages (batch/BAPI full dlv.) , This causes the rescheduling job to work without freeing up part allocated stock and change requirements alongwith changing supplies.

I got it from SAP. Thanks everyone for their contribution and help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please make sure 'cumulative indicator' is set in the checking group assigned to the material you deal with in material master, so that before confirming allocation, system will apply additional checks to see if the total number of confirmed quantity/required quantity of the material in that plant/location is larger than the total number of available material on the material availability date

ygupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

That is what I tried - in OVZ2 Changed ONVBA to 3 from 1

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can refer OSS note 153355 - No availability owing to negative ATP quantity  point 3 to resolve the issue.

Regards,

ygupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great Point - Tks - I tested with changing the setting to "Check against Reqmt Qty" vs " Check against Confirmed Qty" but it did not yield the desired result - negative ATP still resulted owing to supply side change and orders went through to delivery (later non fixed date and qty orders). I have also tried running the rescheduling job several times a day , notwithstanding heavy loads, but another issue crops up --- the rescheduling job frees up all schedule line allocations if the order qty is greater than the confirmed qty, even when no other orders exist, almost Robin Hood like - our customers who do not mind partial deliveries are not happy.  Adding coz I did not find a thread for this facet of V_V2

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Great Point - Tks - I tested with changing the setting to "Check against Reqmt Qty" vs " Check against Confirmed Qty" but it did not yield the desired result - negative ATP still resulted owing to supply side change and orders went through to delivery (later non fixed date and qty orders). I have also tried running the rescheduling job several times a day , notwithstanding heavy loads, but another issue crops up --- the rescheduling job frees up all schedule line allocations if the order qty is greater than the confirmed qty, even when no other orders exist, almost Robin Hood like - our customers who do not mind partial deliveries are not happy.  Adding coz I did not find a thread for this facet of V_V2"

I think the correct way to solve this issue is to execute rescheduling during the day like you say in the above. Rescheduling is the method by which you solve negative ATP issues. If you want to prevent the rescheduling from freeing up schedule line allocations, you can set the "Fixed date & Quantity" (FIXMG) indicator - this will ensure that their confirmation remains untouched.

In general, negative ATP situations should not arise often. If they are occurring often, then it means you may have some unrealistic dates / durations maintained for your scheduling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

agree with Noel Connolly

the setting in checking group is not for preventing negative ATP quantities, since the time your purchase receipt gets delay, there comes negative ATP quantities - and you should by rescheduling to make it right

BTW, to not free up those schedule lines unexpectedly, you can:

- set 'fixed date and quantity' as Noel Connolly told

- narrow down the scope by the criteria in V_V2

- do manual backorder processing via CO06