Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ won't calculate for upgrade from EHP4 to EHP6

arun_prakash21
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to upgrade from EHP4 ERP6 / NW 7.01 to EHP6 ERP6.

From RZ70, when i check for the installed products I see ERP 6.0 and EHP4 NW7.01 as expected.

The same information is also reflecting in SLD as expected and also in LMDB.

Verification check is green and no errors found.

But when I try to calculate the files for EHP6 or EHP7, the maintenance optimizer shows target as EHP4 (we are already at EHP4!) and we don't have any errors anywhere (Logs or system messages anywhere).

If I choose EHP4 to EHP5, it calculates properly!

I've checked almost all blogs, notes but no luck!

Any idea what the problem could be?

Please find attachment for better understanding

Our Solution manager System is 7.1.

Also both our Solman System and our ERP System are running under AIX with Oracle 11.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Arun Doraiswamy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your SolMan patch level.For EHP7 minimum SolMan patch level is

SolMan 7.0 EHP1 SPS23 and higher

SolMan 7.1 SPS5 and higher.

IN SolMan LMDB --> Technical System - please check the product version. It must be ECC 6 EHP4 ( since your system is EHP4). From the same screen perform the folloiwng steps - in  "Adanced" button "Resync Technical system from SLD".

Also defining or selection system - use only "SAP ECC 6.0" as I have mentioned in the attached screen.

Thanks,

Dipam

arun_prakash21
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Dipam,

We actually would like to go from EHP4 to EHP6. But for test purposes I mentioned that upgrade (calculation) to EHP5 is working but not for EHP6 and EHP7.

Our Solman System is already at 7.1 SP10. We have already upgraded some Systems to EHP7 and EHP6 with the same product version as the System with this problem.

We also tried resyncing LMDB from SLD. We infact also tried deleting everything from LMDB and SLD then tried resyncing. Still didnt work.

And yes, i chose the Product version as ERP 6.0 instead of EHP4. Infact i tried both, but the result is the same!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

g_vandenbroucke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Arun, did you found the solution for this?  I have the same problem.

arun_prakash21
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes, there were some inconsistencies with the installed products.

You need to compare the installed components with the function module "OCS_GET_INSTALLED_PRODUCTS" and adjust/correct it with the function module "OCS_SET_INSTALLED_PRODUCTS".

Be careful with you do this

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At what phase you are not able proceed further in MOPZ ?

Can you share that stage and screenshot ?

arun_prakash21
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

As you can see in the attached screenshots, when i click on proceed from "selection_screen.jpg", i get the calculation for EHP4 itself (see "result.jpg")