Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find dispatcher reference

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm having a small but annoying issue with my dispatchers.

Even though I check the MMC console in my 7.2 implementation and there is no classpath assigned, my dispatchers (and job logs) are complaining that the classpath directory does not contain files.

I checked my emsconfig.xml and it was clean.  I also did not see any other copies of emsconfig.  I also checked by dispatcher PROP and BAT files, they were clean too.

Is there anyone who might know where the dispatcher is picking up this information?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

did you try to uninstall and installing the dispatcher service with the cleaned up settings and see if the behaviour changes? Or run it in testmode to see what it prints while starting? It could be picking up a system environment setting classpath as well , which you can verify by starting a cmd prompt and running "set CLASSPATH"

Br,

Per Christian

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

Yeah, we've installed/uninstalled several times.  I bet it's the system classpath.  I'll have them check since I'm now off the project with no access.

Thanks!

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jon_pryor
Explorer
0 Kudos

I executed "set CLASSPATH" with the cmd prompt. This is where the dispatcher is picking up the information up from.  Thank you for helping us identify where it's at least coming from.

Next step, how to fix it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

This is set in the "Control Panel\System and Security\System\Advanced System Settings\Environment Variables" screen on W7, "Control Panel\System\Advanced\Environment Variables" in 2008 Server.

Just make sure other applications do not need the classpath settings you remove.

Or you can try to modify the template batchfiles for the runtimes to NOT include the system classpath, javaRT-Template.bat, line 7:

set DSECLASSPATH=%DJHOME%\DSE.jar;%DJHOME%\js.jar;%DJHOME%\ldapbp.jar;%DJHOME%\sapjco.jar;%DJHOME%\;$DSEClassPath$;$JDBCDriverJar$;%CLASSPATH%

Then recreate the dispatcher scripts/services and test. It's easy to undo if it does not help. The dispatcher template file does the same thing on line 70 but should not need editing for this problem.

Br,

Chris

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JP,

What Chris said!   Glad to see you're checking the forums. 

Cheers,

Matt

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Per & Matt,

Sorry for posting in this Discussion

Could you please explain or, send me any link which provide information about Dispatchers and their Impact in Identity Centre.

I have few quesries regarding Dispatchers.

1. What is the criteria to choose N number of Dispatchers for a Identity Management system
  2. How many dispatchers we should select for a particular job
  3. What will be the impact if we select all N dispatchers for all jobs.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

C Kumar

bastian_hickl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi C Kumar,

I would recommend you following document to get a deeper insight for the dispatchers:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1069b670-621a-2e10-9598-99d3b7d99...

(Implementation Guide - Optimizing dispatcher performance)

Hope that will help.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you still have questions, check the SAP IDM blog and the IDM thoughtplace Blog and search on "Dispatchers"

Matt

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Bastian,

I have already gone through the document "Regarding Temporary fix for SMTP issue", however it doesn't provide clear and satisfactory answers to my questions.

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Matt,

Both Blogs site are really excellent.

Regards,

C Kumar

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was it helpful?

Matt