cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy a dictionary in a different db schema?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

how I can deploy a dictionary table in a custom schema (not the default schema) in an Oracle data base?

Thanks in advance,

Vito

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved on my own. Thx.

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you mind posting HOW you solved it? Sounds like something others could benefit from.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here the solution:

- Create a custom schema (user) in the RDBMS

- Create tables (or views)

- Give the right privileges in order to write/read data

- Install RDBMS (Oracle or sqlServer or ...) drivers in Visual Admin

- Create a Data Source that points to the custom Schema in Visual Admin

- Use the jdbc connection (in Java.... or others languages) using the datasource created.

In this way you don't use the dictionary deploy, but you create the tables directly in the RDBMS. If you want to change the default Schema the Dictionary project deploys tables you have to change the setting in the Config Tool, but this is not suggested.

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vito,

Thanks for posting your solution.

I'm confused about something, though. What you describe is the process we go through to define and use data from Oracle but we haven't been able to use that data as "dictionary" data.

What I was looking for was if there was a way to have the Java Data Dictionary point to an external database. By that I mean that I don't want to use MaxDB when I'm running locally.

The reason for this is that if we require data to be loaded in the Java Dictionary db then it has to be manually copied from the various environments. For example, if developer 1 does some testing locally and populates dictionary data then when he deploys to the dev server the code will be using the Java Data dictionary on that server. The data is not carried along.

Hope that makes sense.