cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Plugin 7.0.3 installation error in Eclipse Juno 4.2.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying to install the Agentry_7.0.3.504_EditorPlugin_x86_64 on a 64-bit Juno (4.2.2) eclipse. I'm facing this new error now (shown below). Can you please help me?

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikram , Can you please use Eclipse Kepler ? Instead of Eclipse juno for Agentry 7. I hope this will solve your problem . Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member:

Did you also face with the same/similar issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes and i got solve with provided solution .

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Agentry 7 is built to use Eclipse Juno.  It is not tested or supported on any other Eclipse version.  Please use the Eclipse SDK (eclipse-SDK-4.2.2-win32-x86_64.zip) and try with that.  Depending on your internet connection and which mirror is chosen you may also need to tell it not to use mirrors if you  run into problems getting the dependent components loaded.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

:

I did try with that version of Eclipse. Same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same Error, .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikram , Then this is might be different problem for both eclipse juno and kepler . and it looks like this is with your internet connectivity . Can you please try with other network. Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vikram,

Please try launching eclipse with the following command line arguments and then attempt to install the Editor plugin and let us know if it makes any difference.

eclipse -vmargs -Declipse.p2.mirrors=false

Thanks,

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did try that Bill. But alas, no luck.
I'm currently finding any updates for Juno, if any would update first and then retry adding the Agentry Toolkit Plugin.

Am I missing any steps to perform before I install the Agentry Toolkit? It's been around couple of days, that I'm stuck into and heading nowhere. Any help would be highly appreciated.

mike_reader3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Same error ... anyone have any updates?

-Mike

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please consider editor plug-in,eclipse,os should be of same bit

Regards,

Sravanthi

mike_reader3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Windows, Eclipse, and Agentry plugins are all 64 bit.

-Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you behind a company firewall?  Sometimes this can block the connections needed to download it.  Can you try from outside the firewall like a public Wifi?

Stephen

mike_reader3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Yes, I am behind a company firewall, and I was afraid this might be the issue.  I will try with my laptop from home and see how that goes.  Will post an update.

Thanks for the input.

-Mike

mike_reader3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Stephen,

I was able to do the install when I took my laptop outside of our companies firewall.

Unfortunately this was not an apples to apples comparison as my desktop is a PC and my laptop is a Mac (no pun intended) ... still not able to get my PC updated.

-Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Now that you have a version installed, can you zip up the version on your Mac and move it to the PC. 

Stephen

mike_reader3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Stephen - OS X to Windows? Wouldn't the Eclipse install be os specific?

-Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Did you build the editor on your Mac with a VMWare running windows?  if so, then you zip up the whole eclipse folder and move it to the other machine.

Stephen

mike_reader3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Stephen,

No VMWare running Windows, just OS X.

-Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Agentry Editor isn't supported on OSX.  Can you use a Windows VM image running with VMware, or virtualbox and then build the editor and move it to your other machine?

Stepehen

mike_reader3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Too bad it is not supported on Mac.  Not sure why but this morning the plugins seemed to install fine, maybe something changed with the sites the update was trying to access? Not sure.

Got the plugins installed and the two new Agentry perspectives are there.

Tried to create a new Agentry Project and received this error:

The selected wizard could not be started.

Plug-in com.syclo.agentry.editor was unable to load class com.syclo.agentry.ui.wizards.NewAgentryProjectWizard.

An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.syclo.agentry.editor (234).

Is there something else I am missing?

-Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

The C++ runtimes

I don't remember if you need the 2008, 2010 or 2012 atm.  But you do need the same bit version as the editor.

Stephen

mike_reader3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Looked at the install instructions from SAP : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp303sdk/helpdata/en/7c/125dfc70061014b91491f47674add9/content.htm

and it mentions:

Install Visual Studio 2010 or Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package. If you are running Eclipse on the same machine in which you installed SAP Mobile Platform Server, Microsoft Visual C++ is already installed

So I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package - still getting the same error, I double checked My Computer and verified that it is 64-bit.

Thoughts?

mike_reader3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Figured it out, check out SAP Note:

1816713 - Troubleshooting: Eclipse Editor - Agentry

Specifically Note 1854037 - I had to uninstall and reinstall my MS Visual C++ 2008 & 2010 instances

-Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look like Eclipse is have issues accessing mirrors,  Can you try the following:

Sometimes the eclipse mirrors that you are trying to access have problems with the components and may result in timeouts.  To help with this situration start eclipse with the folllowing command line and retry the plugin installation

eclipse –vmargs –Declipse.p2.mirrors=false

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will try that soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

:

I tried your with your solution, unfortunately didn't work for me. Still landing with the same issue.