Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update the schema for data foundation, business element and business view

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am using oracle 11g as backend to develop using crystal reports and I am using Business View Manager as the connection in crystal reports.

Now my issue here is I have created the DC, DF, BE and BV using abc schema but as the request has changed I need to update the schema to xyz as table structure is same in both the schemas.

I was able to successfully update the schema in DC but that is not reflecting in DF, BE and BV as a result of that when I use the updated BV in report report is not run as there was abc.tablename for all tables.

I have searched google but unfortunately unable to find any useful solution for the problem.

Experts please help me to update the new schema connection to DF, BE and BV

I am using Crystal Reports 2008 SP3 and Business Objects 3.1

Thanks for your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Go to Data Foundation layer and open the option Data Foundation where you can see all the list of tables and joins. Click all the tables and right click on it you will see option Change Qualifer/Owner, there you can change it to xyz. In this way all the objects will reflect the xyz.column name.

Note: Derived table will not show the option for Change Qualifer/Owner.

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mantu Sahu for your reply..... on right click of the tables I am unable to find option Change Qualifer/Owner
Can you please help mw with a screenshot if possible.

Thanks

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you show me your screen-shot where you clicking so that i can guide. Sorry I cannot share the screenshot its restriceted.

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your continous assistance Mantu Sahu.....

Unfortunately I can't paste the screenshot aswell... but will try to explain in detail what I am doing...

to the left most part there will be datafoundation name... below that there are tables so what I have done is right click on the table in those options there is no change qualifier or ownere but there is option Set table location. Is this option you are discussing about?

To add more information I am working on Business Objects 2.1 SP0... will this have any impact on the options that are displaying.

Regards

Siva

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos
former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response... Unfortunately I can't see that options in my Data Foundation... also my GUI and your GUI are different what is the version of BO you are using?.

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

BO 4.1

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Mine was BO 3.1 that may be the reason I am unable to see the options.... can you help me with BO 3.1 version... if possible.

Thanks

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ohh!

In 3.1 you can directly replace the abc to xyz. Just CTLF+F and do find and replace.

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mantu Sahu.....

I counldn't find the CTLF+F feature..... but one thing I want to update is after using the option `Set Table Location` and restarting the Data Foundation my issue is solved...

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Regards

Siva