cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Process does not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's

My scenario is this. From ECC we send Idocs to PI. We have an integration process to receive the idocs because only max 9999 are passed in the port.

We run just around 11000 CREMAS idocs now.

The problem is that the integration process does not start on our QA environment while it does start on DEV environment.

I've run many checks on both environments and they all look the same.

To name a few:

* Cache are all green and up-to-date.

* I checked the WF models which are behind the Integration Process and they are the same.

* Event correlation is correct in both environments

* When i test the idocs are correctly sent from ECC to PI.

However on DEV I see in transaction SXMB_MONI_BPE i see that the integration process is triggered and started. It waits 10 minutes and collects any messages that come in, and then bundles these and sends them on to the receiver.

On QA i do not see the Integration Process being started. Only records i see in SXMB_MONI_BPE are three work items, 2 completed, 1 ready, all 3 are called waiting for event.

I'm probably missing some configuration somewhere but what could it be?

Regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Please check if the report RSWEQSRV is running on your system. This report is responsible for processing the event queue correctly. This job is scheduled automatically by transaction SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING. You can change the frequency with which it runs using transaction SWEQADM. The recommended frequency is once a minute.

regards,

AKD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thx for reply.

I looked in SWEQADM. All settings are equal across QA and DEV

Also for SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING all is checked green.

No issues to be found there.

Regards

Robert

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

Have you checked in tcode SWF_XI_ADM_BPE if the BPE engine in QA is started?

Starting and Stopping the Business Process Engine - Defining and Managing Integration Processes - SA...

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thx. I checked it already and it works fine.

Meanwhile i did do some changes and some retests and now i saw somewhere that all my tests were creating more steps in an already started integration process, that was still waiting.

I now cleared some old workitems and started afresh.

What i see now is:

1)  the BPM process start correctly

2)  it receives 1 or 2 or 3 or n messages

3)  it then waits for the deadline to finish, i.e. it should run for 10 minutes and then proceed to the next step which is sending the collected idocs to receiver.

On DEV the deadline works fine. On QA it doesn't.

IN SWU3 i have done the customizing and it shows green, so that part is OK.

Still the deadline is passed and it doesn't have the desired effect on mu BPM process (workflow).

Are there any other checks i can do to see if the deadline mechanism is properly working?

Is there a maybe a manual step i can do to trigger the deadline? Then at least i get some information on where the real problem is.

(Sorry for earlier confusion but i hadnt realized that there was still a process running)

Regards

Robert

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robet

It is possible that deadline monitoring background job SWWDHEX (Report RSWWDHEX) is not working properly in your QA system. Check if SAP note 1348878 is applicable to your system.

regards

AKD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was also browsing some other posts on deadlines.

I've now seen the following:

I send the idocs from ECC. The Integration Process starts. If i wait the deadline, and then run report RSWFSLSDLEX with Job-ID SWFSLSDLEX and then switch back to the monitor i see that the highest wait step, which was in status READY has now status CANCELLED, and that the process has continued and has finished as desired.

Is this something that can be useful for a permanent solutioon?

Regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note 1348878 seems to apply to the case where the normal workflow have deadline problems when the BPE is not active for PI. In this case it is different. So I think the note does not apply.'

Regards

Robert

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My bad... yes, you are right.

We don't have any PI systems running RSWFSLSDLEX regularly. We don't even have an option to schedule this report from SWU3. It is probably meant to be run in the context of regular business workflow. Have you tested RSWWDHEX just the way you did with RSWFSLSDLEX?

Also: Do you see any runtime errors recorded in ST22?

regards

AKD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've now ran the report RSWWDHEX in SE38. Apparently this helped for the deadline  monitoring now works.

Unfortunately i still do not have a good idea as to what i did.

The report asked for 3 input parameters

* Configuration ( i entered 10)

* RFC  (i entered WORKFLOW_LOCAL_001)

* TASK (i entered WS90100001)

I have no idea however what configuration means here.

Anyway,

The process now runs to completion as it is expected.

Thx all for thinking with, i'll leave the conversation open for a little longer in case someone can explain what i have done.

Regards

Robert

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using correlation ?

And if yes is the value where you correlate on the same in QA and in DEV ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i Peter,

Thx for reply.

Yes i'm using correlation. Correlation name is different on DEV (ZCORR_00003) and QA.(ZCORR_00006).  However if i double click on the names they both open to same object. i.e. ZXI_PROXY_CREMAS_CREMAS05_0001

All other (binding etc.) looks the same.

Properties box in ESR for correlation shows same value in bot QA and DEV.

kr

Robert