cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 MDG issues !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am new to MDG and  i have started supporting MDG with no training ( only read few documents) and so i am struggling to understand the requirements. i would like your help for the below 2 issues#. please check and suggest.

Please  provide your suggestions in detail, thanks in advance. Highly appreciated.

Issue # 1

"a mass change is needed on Warehouse Responsible (partner function ZW) for the attached SB partners from Sales Organization S060.

Current personnel number 100012 (#name##) must be changed into new personnel 110102 (#name#)."

a file of 530 lines is provided which contains details like below

CustomerSales OrganizationPartner FunctionPersonnel NumberNameNew Personnel NumberName
2121S060ZW100012name 1 110102name2

please suggest how to approach this (upload the data or change the data and where/how ).

Issue # 2

"supplier 106398 was created for A070 (UK branch) and A110 (UK Plant). I have changed some sensitive data like bank details requiring an approval.

I would expect flow to ask approval from Charlie   (approver of A070) which is ok but also from Chris  (approver of A110). People that are actually required to approve the change by system are:

GB10229 BILAL KHAN
GB11646 VANESSA STICKWOOD
GB24242 CHARLIE HORROCKS (ok!)

1. do the first 2 people have authorizations to approve suppliers? if yes for which purchasing org./group?

2. why Chris is not in the list of approvers? He should be....

In one of our latest improvements of the system workflow has been modified in order to manage suppliers created for different purchasing organizations/purch.groups. In this case, approvals should be required from APPROVERS of all purchasing organizations involved."

please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue # 1

you can also try import options.

Issue # 2

It is more or less how you can handle the approval org. structure and security,you can create the org. structure or if you have HR modules try with that structure.

Further use can decide the security roles who do, what along with workflow process.

If sensitive data in involve you can restrict the fields at MDG level or at security level.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, you should ask separate questions for separate issues. This will make it easier when people search for solutions including yourself.

Second, you definitely should take some training. MDG combines a set of different skills: master data knowledge, workflow, BRF+, and ABAP are the most common ones. You don't have to master them all but you need to know enough and you definitely need to learn how to research for answers (not just ask questions).

Arrange for a sandbox system at your client and try all sorts of solutions there. In addition to any training you can take, this is your best way of learning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been working as an ABAP consultant for the past 7 years with some workflow knowledge. As the MDG consultant in my project left without prior notice, i had to take up the role. I have read few MDG documents but they are not that helpful for our issues as we are in the support phase. Perhaps you can suggest few links or training's or provide training

Can you please suggest solution for the issues raised in this post.

Thanks and regards,

haji

former_member241304
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sir,could you please tell me what is meant by master data in sap.