cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP Cloud version and Kapsel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I would like to ask some questions regarding the SMP cloud version and i hope some of you could help me get the answers.

Could you please tell me which of the Kapsel plugins are not supported by the Cloud version of the platform?

Does the Client Hub works with the SMP Cloud ?

Regards,

Georgi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another question I have is how do we connect to 3rd party backend systems, as the Integration Gateway is part only of the SMP on-premise version?

Regards,

Georgi

marvin_hoffmann
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Georgie,

yes this is right, the integration gateway is not part of SMP Cloud. But you could use the SMP3 with integration gateway on premise which produces OData for you. You could then transfer the OData in the usual way (using Cloud Connector) to your SMP Cloud and expose it there.

Btw, some databases are supporting OData out of the boy, e.g. HANA or SQLAnywhere...

Regards

Marvin

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Georgie,

SAP HANA Cloud Platform mobile services replaces SMP cloud, it was released and available for ramp up customers. It uses SAP HANA cloud integration services instead of integration gateway.

SAP HANA Cloud Platform Mobile supports all Kapsel plugins that we ship with SMP SP05 (offline, appupdate etc).

More information on:

Regards,

Midhun VP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Georgie,

Did you check it says The cloud version server does not appear to support Kapsel AppUpdate or Logger plugins.

Maybe Daniel can clarify whether Client Hub works with the SMP cloud?

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Thanks for the response.

I already saw that page, but as it is written, it sounds like it could be, that it doesn't support more than these plugins.

Regards,

Georgi

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have not myself tried Client Hub with the SMP Server Cloud version but I assume that it will work together.  Have you encountered a problem using them together?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

i haven't tried it neither, we are considering the use of SMP Cloud and researching what the restrictions are.

Do you probably know the answer of my question regarding the connection to 3rd party back-end systems?

Regards,

Georgi

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

At some point the cloud offering of the SMP server will be updated to better support the Kapsel plugins.  I believe the current version (SMP Server Cloud version) is based on the SMP 2.3 server with an updated admin cockpit.  Should be something on this soon.

I have not used integration gateway.  What sort of a 3rd party back end system do you need to connect to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets say Oracle DB ? How should i create oData and connect to the SMP Cloud?

On the architecture picture here it doesn't get clear.

On the SMP Cloud Documentation page, there is another architecture picture, but there the 3rd party systems are on-demand, Does that mean, that the SMP Cloud cannot connect to 3rd party on-premise back-end systems?

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Perhaps http://scn.sap.com/people/mustafa.saglam can provide further info.