cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO & MTS for single Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

For one Material we need both MTO & MTS operation. Basically they follow mostly MTS production method, but for Specific Sale Order type, have to use MTO concept.Assigned the Strategy group to Material, where the Main Strategy is MTS and the Secondary Strategy is MTO. But system picking the Main Strategy Requirement Type as default.

In Strategy Group, Main Strategy as Planning with Final Assembly (Req Type - KSV) and Second Strategy as MTO Production (Req Type - KE).
In Sales Order / Schedule Agreement, Requirement Type defaulted based on Main Strategy. Need to find the option to change Requirement Type automatically based on Sale Order / Schedule Agreement Type or Item Category type.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

requirement type can be decided in two ways which can be controlled by the 'Q' indicator per combination of sales item category and MRP type in OVZI

1. sales item category + MRP type

2. main strategy in the strategy group assigned to material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained the First Point in OVZI

I have maintained two strategies in OPPT, where the system considering the Main Strategy only.

Kindly help me the default the requirement type if i create order for specific item category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giridharan,

Default a different requirement type for the specific sales order type scenario based on the item category and MRP type ,

Thanks,

Lakshmi Narayana.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defaulted the Requirement Type in OVZI. But i have maintained two strategies in Strategy Group @ OPPT. While creating Sale Order, system picking the requirement type from Main Strategy instead of the item category. Actually the requirement type of the secondary strategy is not defaulted if i create a Sale Order with specific item category which is assigned with Requirement type KE.