Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD and PI

vladimir_kogan4
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus.

My question is about a role of SLD on PI work.

Does the PI need the SLD server available during runtime, not only at design phase?

For example PI using central SLD, or SLD running on another instance. In case that SLD is down - can I stop PI runtime?

Regards

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLD is required for RWB during runtime, it's a must.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

SLD calls for runtime message processing are definitely required for ABAP proxy communication. IDOCs should work without SLD, for example, SOAP calls, too. Since ABAP proxy is quite common, this is the reason why most installations don't run a productive runtime SLD on a different server.

My information may be incomplete, though.

Regards,

Jörg

vladimir_kogan4
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank to all of them!

In my scenario there is PI on J2EE stack only.

When I have 3 PI systems, DEV QAS PRD with full sync between them, which one should be a master SLD, where all systems are registered?

Regards

Vladimir

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Suggestion would be to maintain single SLD in DEV or QAS for both (DEV and QAS) and a separate SLD for PRD.

so, by separating PRD SLD you would have very less impact for any changes that you do in non-production environments.

Thanks,

Naveen

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Please look through

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3220352

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dev, QA and Prod. are involved in flow of transport requests and this flow is enabled through a workflow process. Since all these flows towards Prod., hence it is clear that Prod. is the system where everything flows. However sometimes we also have the reverse flow (sometimes in case of idocs). So, considering the above scenario if we talk about master SLD, since we do not have any direct flow from dev. to Prod, or from Prod. to dev. hence the intermediate QA should be the master SLD since it directs flows towards various systems.

Regards,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Yes, SLD should be available. else interfaces using sld components will stop at runtime.

SLDCHECK transaction allows you to check the connectivity between your Business system and SLD.

for eg to do the test, you configure wrong sld host in the transaction SLDAPICUST then try to run proxy or any interface then you get the error Business system is not available.

Cheers

Hidayat.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, PI Need SLD running during runtime as the RWB components fetch most of the data from SLD during runtime.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> Does the PI need the SLD server available during runtime, not only at design phase? NO

reg, avinash M