cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource classification in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use resource classification (Class type 019) in resource.

Once this resource is sent to SAP APO from ECC, is the class 019 visible in APO?

If yes, where? I do not see it in transaction CL03 nor in resource view in APO.

Is it visible in PDS somewhere? or somewhere else? or it is not visible?

If it is not visible, then if I write any object dependency using those resource classification (019) characteristics values, is there possibility in APO to get the same? Will the same OD, work in APO that is assigned in recipe?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Surajit Das

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Surajit,

The class 019 is not necessary to be send in APO. Please see the link http://scn.sap.com/thread/3265577.

The dependency will be created at PDS level when you will send/update the PDS in APO.

Thanks, Marius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to calculate the standard value you can use the formula function available in work centre/resources. I do not understand your idea of using object dependency.

BR

Thamizh

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'ven't looked in that level of detail in APO, however, my observation has been that the Classification of the resource is more needed on the ECC side to ensure the "classified" resources stay tied with each other on Orders that get created from the APO system.

Can you tell us what are you trying to achieve by classifying the resources? & also by writing OD's on 'em?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thank y0u for the reply.

We are going to maintain one resource specific characteristics value in the resource classification. This characteristics value will be used to calculate of standard values via object dependency while order creation. In OD, we will get the value of the resource classification via variant function.

But since the classification (019) do not exists in APO, we will not be able to derive the value in APO.

Thus I need this class (019) in APO. Is it possible to get?

Thanks & Regards,

Surajit Das