cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Model Extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

Could you please look at the below scenario and provide your valuable inputs.

Scenario: I am trying to load the Cost Centers from ECC to MDG via MDMGX t code. The CR is not being created and data is not being loaded to the MDG Cost center tables and it shows the error message (Message type MDG_COST_CENTERS: error in XML transformation) from the logs.

Root cause identified:  The issue was coming because of ZZWERKS field in extracted file from CSKS table. Import program is not able to map this
field since it doesn’t exist in MDG data model.

Confirmation: Tried loading a single cost center without having ZZWERKS field from XML and the data got loaded to MDG tables via MDMGX

olution: Extended the data 0G with a new field ZZ_PLANT and activated the data model. Generated the respective structures for Cost centers.

Issue: EVenthough extended the data model, when I try to laod the CC data, It shows the same error message as 'Error in XML Transformation' but this time the CR gets created and a very minimal amount of data(not all the data from ECC) is being loaded to MDG tables.

And also im checking to map the new fields using SMT Tool, I couldnt create the mapping between source and target structures. Because, the target structure doesnt show this newly added ZZWERKS field to map with. where as the extended field zz_plant in 0G model could be seen in the source structures.

Could you please help if I am missing any thing here

Thanks,

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

the initial load via DIF does not use SMT. Instead it uses so called "Simple Transformations", a basic ABAP technology to transform XMLs into DDIC Structures / Tables taking over the data of the XML. You can find the default transformations that we deliver in package USMD_MASS_LOAD, e.g. MDG_COST_CENTER is the one for cost centers.

Regarding your scenario, you should copy the SAP transformation to a custom one, then extend it according to your new field. As a second step you need to change the DIF customizing (MDMIMG -> General Settings -> Data Transfer -> Define Object Types for Data Transfer). Ensure that your custom transformation is maintained instead of the SAP one for cost centers.

Best regards

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anusha,

you have to add the fields in source structure and go ahead with mapping.

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer to the below screen shot.

eg:your source structure is BUS_EI_STRUC_SMTP_DATA and you have added the fileds in it,then you have to add the fields in Target structure as well in this case MDG_BS_BP_AD_EMAIL,Then the fields will be visible for mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for your response.

In my scenario, my target structure is MDGF_COST_CTR_RPLCTN_REQ_COST. In Ecc, already the the fields ZZWERKS  is added. So, the target structure wouldnt be inheriting the ECC structure while mappping. Do we have to add it separately. This target structure has Proxy generated internal structures for the Cost center data. Could you please check and advise.

Thanks,

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha

For any custom field which is added in ECC, need to add manually by append structure inTarget strucure also which is mentioned in MDGIMG node Generate Structure.