cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Layout of standard WD component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a standard WD component and I would like to change(Enhance/Modify) the layout of transparent container for example Flow to Grid.

I tried enhancing but not able to change the layout property but it generates Pre, Overwrite and Post exit for View method.

How can i achieve this. Need advice.Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot directly change the UI elements in standard component. Enhance the view and Right click on the Transparent container and then click on 'Remove Element' then create a new Container with required layout and add the UI elements. You can check this document for reference: Enhance WDA Component

Or, create a post Exit for WDDOMODIFYVIEW method and then change the layout dynamically. You can check this doc for reference:

hope this helps

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to have access key to change the layout of the UI element for that standard webdynpro component.

Thanks

KH

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no modifications needed in WDA ever. Everything can be achieved using the enhancement framework and dynamic programming. To get a grip how things work in general, check this blog from   

. When you try to manipulate a certain UI-Element check the respective Class in SE24 to see which methods to use.

Cheers, Lukas