cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEX Installation Steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to install AEX (advanced adaptive engine extended "AS Java") using NW 7.41.

I am confused to where should I go in SWPM:

Should I go for "optional stand alone units" then "advanced adaptive engine extended" (snapshot 1)

or

go for "Application Server Java" then choose the following "usage types" as stated in Master guide (snapshot 2)

"advanced adaptive engine extended requires AS Java, NW Product Description, AS Java Extensions, PI Adapter Engine, and Enterprise Services Repository as a prerequisite in the same system"

and If I supposed to go for the second option, I can't find PI Adapter Engine as a usage type (snapshot 3)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shashi046
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Team I need to install AEX (advanced adaptive engine extended "AS Java") using NW 7.50 We have a existing PO system and AEX will be installtion and connected Need help on intsallation procedure

Regards

Shashi

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is what I used to install a SAP PO 7.31

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for fast reply...

On the other hand, I know that PO is a combination of AEX + BPM/BRM, my question is what is the additional features that I get when I install PO instead of AEX??

Regards,

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

What do you want to install? Dual stack or java only?

In case you want to have a java only -> SAP PO.

A SAP PI system is always a dual stack system. No matter what version.

When you install a SAP PO system, you will have a brand new BPM engine (based on BPMN 2.0 notations), no more ccBPM like in the old days

Also, having a single java stack, you will gain performance and save hardware and other resource costs.

I would definitely go for a java only stack (SAP PO).

Kind regards,

Dimitri

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

please be aware, that if this is an upgrade / migration of an existing PI installation (no matter if dual / single stack) you might not be entitled for SAP PO. Please check with your SAP sales rep.

We opted for AEX, which is a component of NW 7.4 AS Java. See here (Page 26 et seq.) for details https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000896802012E.pdf

HTH

Cheers

Jens