cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: Failed to fire action in step 1 (user specific)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my first steps on Personas 2 SP02 in a sandbox system. Fascinated by the blog http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2013/08/01/using-webrfc-for-update-in-a-personas-script posted by Steve Rumsby i adapted it with some minor changes to my system. Everything works fine, except ...

All buttons are doing, what they should do, for me and other colleagues. BUT another colleague (let us call him UserB) gets the following error, if he tries to start the script to reset the user password:

error in step 1. The script looks like this:

and so on... Step 1 is not editable.

The downloadable Zip is attached. (Edit: Zip is not allowed, so there are the xmls.)

All test users have been assigned to a Personas group. The flavor has been assigned to this group. All users got admin authorization to Personas.

UserB logged on to Personas on my computer under my Windows account, but the error still appeared. If i log on to Personas under his Windows account the error does not appear. We also tried the same with changed Windows accounts, but nothing changed.

So we copied our users, assigned sap_all, sap_new, deleted all parameters, roles and profiles (except sap_all, sap_new) of the copied users and also reset the personalization objects. The users are dialogue users with full license. But nothing changed after assigning them to personas. With the copy of my user everything works fine. With the copy of UserB there is still the same error.

Any ideas?

Björn Schulz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which transaction is this flavour for? SMEN?

I've always found the "SetTopNode" action problematic, and I usually find I can remove it without breaking anything. Change the action in step 1 to "Comment" and then see what happens. If it still works, and the problem has gone away, then delete the step.

That doesn't explain why it works for some users and not for others.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, the flavour is for transaction SMEN. By pushing the button transaction SU01 is launched, password is reset and a javascript raises a popup with the status text to confirm something happened. Personas is fast...

Deleting "SetTopNode" action did it! The flavour is now behaving identically for all test users. No more errors...

But the mystery, why it works for some users and not for others, stays out there...

Thank you

Björn

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

When you recorded script, you might have selected some node on left tree panel hence the SetTopNode step. If UserB does not have same node element, Personas cant set that as top node so it results in error.

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

after starting recording the script, I just entered SU01 into the Ok-Code and launched it. I recorded the script another time to be sure. Start recording -> entering SU01 into Ok-Code -> launching ...

And again the final script stops at step 1 with the same error for UserB.

Thank you

Björn

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

No worries. You can delete the SetTopNode step from script and try if it works for UserB.

Thanks

Chinthan

Answers (0)