cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with SAP GUI v7.3 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP and am trying to install SAP GUI for Windows v7.30 for school coursework. The installation fails displaying the following error,

Your System does not fulfill the prerequisites for the chosen components:

SAPGUI_7.3

This package cannot be installed because not all prerequisites are fulfilled.

I tried looking at the log but was unable to identify the issue. I have 64 bit  Windows 8.1 Pro on my system with no MS Office installed. I would really appreciate any help to resolve this issue. I have also attached a copy of the log file.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anoop.

The error occurs because you have selected OLE DB for OLAP Provider in the Business Explorer selection.

You can tell this from the following line in your sapsetup

00:43:58 NwSapsAtlC  1W  Marking package SAPGUI_7.30 ({57F4A687-AE41-4BEA-9553-F852C36F8C1E}) as disabled: selected node OLE DB for OLAP Provider ({5390360A-98D9-4377-BD41-9A147392D000}) has failing condition.

Since you don't have Office installed,you cannot use the Business Explorer modules.

Run the installation again only selecting the components you require.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jude. I can only see three options on the next screen when I click all available products after the error. It does not give me an option for SAPGUI_7.30. The three options that I can select/deselect are,

Engineering Client Viewer 7.0

KW Add-On for SAP GUI 7.30

Business Explorer

Also, how do I select the components before I run the installation? All I have is an .exe file which I downloaded from a school provided link.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anoop.

If you un-select the BW option,then proceed through the wizard,it should remove the BW selection.

The installation should then proceed without errors.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

I tried doing that but it only installed Engineering Client viewer and KW add on but not the SAP front end GUI.

Also, I installed Microsoft office 2010 and reran the Sap GUI install again and still received the same message about prereq not being fulfilled. So, looks like office was not the problem?

This is very frustrating because it does not give me any information on what exactly is missing.

Thanks

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can always check the logfiles for 1E (add the space) or 2E and this will give you the information you need in the logfiles.

I'm not sure of your source-files,but you need the sapgui as a prerequsite to everything else.

You should check with whoever provided you with the files if the full installation is given to you.

Jude

Answers (0)