cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPCA (Business Process Change Analyzer) - Trace can be activated directly in ECC?

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have Solution manager 7.1 EHP 10 and we have ECC 6.0 . We are in the process of upgrading SAP to ECC 6 EHP 7. We are doing the system impact analyzing. I am new to the SAP solution Manager world but heard that we can use Sol Man functionality BPCA to do the impact analyzing in ECC system.But there are some pre-requisites need to done in Sol Man, like creating Business processes, TBOM's etc. Then we need to execute every business scenario through by Sol Man to create the trace. My question is that, is there a way we can turn on the Trace in the ECC production system directly so all the activities for the impact analyzing happened automatically on the background without executing the transaction via Sol Man?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

It is possible to create semi dynamic TBOMs automatically

check below

Creating TBOMs - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

this should suffix

Thanks

Prakhar

0 Kudos

Prakhar,

Thank you for your expert advice, I think I still need to maintain the business scenario and Business steps in the Sol Man and documents all my business scenarios and steps. I was thinking when business execute the transactions and activities for 2 months period in the production system, ECC system would capture that information and find the impacted objects and relevant TBOMs and create Impact analysis report? Am I asking too much or this is possible?

Thanks in advance,

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Farooq,

Yes it is possible to do this Business Process documentation automatically and you don't need to create or add processes/steps manually in Solar01 except custom processes.

This automatic documentation is done via RBPD Reverse business process documentation

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/rbpd

secondly then check the blog where it talk about creating TBOMs for these transaction mapped to solman project in solar01 etc

hope this should clarify

Thanks

Prakhar

0 Kudos

Thank you Prakhar for your response and help. I will going to review the link today and get back to you if I have follow-up question.

Thanks