cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EIS Architecture and sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done lot of search for SAP documentation on sizing of different components involve in solutioning SAP EIS. But unfortunately I could not found any. Can you guys help me out here?

If you did already implemented EIS, then can you guys give me a rough estimate about your transaction volume, user base and your hardware sizing? That will at least help us for initial estimation. thanks in advance.

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Sizing can vary greatly depending on the data volume and data characteristics. Sizing requests can be initiated through the consulting team and then they could work with you to define the neccessary data points required to do the sizing calculation. The HW requirements also depend on several factors, like the existing infrastructure, the supply chain topology and the volume of data being loaded, stored and extracted from the database...etc.

Best regards,

Gabi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabi,

thanks for your response. I also see kinda same replies on this question and frankly it is not helping to me to estimate anything.

We had ERP, SCM, EWM, BI, BOBJ, CRM etc in our GLOBAL SAP solutions. Smartops/EIS is idetified as a probable solution for inventory Optimization solution. I want to estimate the approximate # SAPs needed for this solution. I agree that it depends on volume of data thatwe extract from SCM and R3.

For estimation purposes, can you/someone share some approx volume of data extraction you had in your environment and then rough idea about your hardware sizing or SAPs? Can it ibe safe to assume that EIS (MIPO/EIO) database server sizing will be apprimately same as our SCM DB - (minus) livecache memory? Any such smart guesses with some logic will be really helpful.

thanks,

Krishna

chris_topf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Krishna,

we hesitate to give you estimates on database and hardware sizing because, as Gabi states, sizing for EIS will vary from customer to customer based on the characteristics of the supply chain being modeled.  Inputs for the sizing are the number of stocking points, number of supply paths, Bill of Material details (if applicable), the number of future periods to model, the number of historical periods of forecast and sales provided, lead times across the supply chain model and the number of models you will keep.
To make some very GENERAL comments, the more material sharing that occurs in your network the more memory needed to optimize (solve for Safety Stock) the model.  Two customers can have the same number of stocking points and supply paths but if one has a distribution-only supply chain while the other has a model with a very detailed Bill of Material the distribution-only model will require much less memory to optimize.
Any further sizing information should go through Consulting as Gabi has indicated.  Sizing an EIS implementation is somewhat unique and therefore general, cookie-cutter recommendations are not useful.

Hopefully that is helpful to you.

Chris

Answers (0)