cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we seperate shipping routes as per sales area in customer master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible, Can we seperate shipping routes as per sales area in customer master?

Thnaks,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since route is determined by the combination of the followings, I am afraid it is impossible to control it by sales area in customer master

- departure zone of shipping point

- shipping condition of sold-to party

- transportation group of material master

- transportation zone of ship-to party

BTW, in addition to the above, if you want, you can add one more factor when you are in delivery process - weighing group, to have route re-determined there

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tested in your system before posting here?  Being an old member of SCN, I don't want to stress much in adhering to SCN rules.  Please test in your system and post here still if you have any queries.  Most importantly, search the forum or Google to find out solution to your requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx....Its been resolved...

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashok,

How did you resolve it?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

They were talking about transportation zone in customer master address tab & if we go in xd02 & scroll down there we can change the transportation zone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i was wondering if its required, can we use shipping condition to determine a new route?

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

Yes, you can by maintaining single shipping condition for all the customers within a sales area, and use different shipping condition for other sales area.

But I am still wondering why you need to determine route based on sale area?

Regards,

Naveen K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its just the clarification or concern asked by user & if Yes then can we test in QA environment

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashok,

For different sales area, user can assign different delivering plants in customer master. These plants in turn will determine the shipping point and that will determine the route.

Explore this possibility.

Also, give some example for your business requirement. (why you want sales area, for route determination?)

TW

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We don't maintain routes in customer master data. We determine this in sale order and I hope you know it's determination rules. You can determine shipping route the way you want being in standard settings.

Thank$