cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Translations For Adobe Forms SE63 or SO10

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Adobe Forms for HR ISR scenarios and need to modify them by adding language translations for almost 15 languages. I have used smartforms earlier and had found SO10 as a convenient method for using translations. With SE63 when I deleted the smartform the translations were found deleted. Has anybody come across this issue?

Can we maintain the translation using SO10 for Adobe Forms? And how do we do that?

Thanks

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Prasad,

In transaction SFP you can select your HR form, as an example "ISR_FORM_SPEG". When you go to Layout, and see the Adobe Lifecycle Designer with the form, You can see some tabs above your form (Textpage, PDF example). Rightclick near a tab and select XML source. You can also do this via the View Menu.

Cheers,

Noël

PS. Consider rewarding points if this answer may help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was helpful but what I am asking here is I have a Text to be included in Adobe form which should change based on the language. For eg. any form to be printed in English and French need to have both the texts maintained in the system. For Smartforms, I am using SO10. For Adobe form what I hear is to use SE63. Per my previous experience if I delete the Smartform, any translation maintained using se63 are deleted.

Have anybody come across this situation?

Prasad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

in transactin SFP, menu Goto->Translation. But I didn't understand how it works. I think it doesn't work but maybe I do somthing wrong. I have NW2004s SP10.

You can use Dynamic Properties for your own adobe forms. You can switch on this property in LiveCycle Designer, menu Tools->Options, tab Data Binding, Show Dynamic Properties. Now dynamic properties are highlighted in Palettes, for example property Caption for TextFields. You can bind this property to node from Data View.

You can read more about it in Adobe LiveCycle Designer Help, the key "dynamic data binding".

For this functionality you need LiveCycle Designer 7.1.

Michal

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I am only aware of creating the forms in the language different than default (german). You need to copy the form (xml code) to your clipboard from the UK or German version, login with the correct language and create the form again.

I never heard of a SAP transaction translating your forms (for Adobe Interactive forms).

cheers,

Noë

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where do I view XML code? I have form PTRV_EXPENSE_FORM which has both German and English mix. How do I change German text to display English?

Thanks

Prasad