cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore ABAP side of dual stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Been 4 years + since I did any work on I-series. After patch of BW 7.01 ABAP side SPS6 to 16  using SPAM I tried to use JSPM to patch Java side.

System didn't allow this after patching JSPM to level 16 so was forced to use SUM. Note 1881524 suggests you can't update java side separately so need to start again. Kernel was updated to 7.20 from 7.01 after patching ABAP side.

Is it sufficient to restore r3sidDATA library and then continue with SUM ?

I'm also currently converting to new user concept per note 1149318 as a pre-req to using SUM.

Advise appreciated.

Regards

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

According to note 1149318, you could try to update the ABAP stack to a next available patch level

together with JAVA. And this can avoid the restore. If you just want to keep ABAP at 16, you have

to do the restore.

It is enough to restore R3<SID>DATA library, and please delete all the sql packages after that.

About SUM, please make sure you have switched to new user concept and 720 kernel before start

it.

Regards

Daniel

SAP on IBM i Team

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Is it sufficient to restore r3sidDATA library and then continue with SUM ?

As per my understanding it should be good enough to restore R3<SID>DATA library and then start the patching using SUM. Post restore please check whether configtool connects to DB and visual admin works fine.

Regards,

Deepak Kori