cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase to Order Scenario - Partial Confirmation Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We are using Item Category with Purchase to Order Scenario. When the Sales Order is booked, Purchase Requisition is Created. Sales Order Line is linked to the Purchase Requision/Purchase Order.

In this scenario, we are getting confirmation on Sales Order through PR/PO Initially.

Order Quantity     Confirmed Quantity

10                         10

Once we receive partial confirmation on PO let us say 7 system only confirms partially Sales Order.

Order Quantity     Confirmed Quantity

10                         7

Issue happens when our team does partial delivery to customer before receiving full confirmation from the Supplier. System blocks further update of confirmation on the line and it becomes impossible to make delivery to Customer for Partial Quantity.

I can think of two options...

1. Somehow when we receive Partial Cofnirmation, our Availibility Check should confirm 7 on Confirmation recieved from the Supplier and 3 from Delivery Date of Purchase Order. So this issue won't happen.

2. System should somehow allow Partial Confirmation even after Partial Delivery is done to the Customer.

Do let me know if you need any more details from my side.

Kaushal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

i assume that you have special stock indicator in your sales order.

if you do not use confiramtion then all quantities are confirmed at schedule line level.

if you use confirmation e.x. 7 of 10 pieces then you will have confirmer 7 quantities in your schedule line.

if you create another confirmation in PO of 2 pieces and lets say different date you will see another schedule line in your sales order.

do your system works like this?

Is your third party scenario require a googds receipt for PO to move on to delivery?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

When I do another Partial Confirmation after Delivery is done in Sales Order, system doesn't accept. This Confirmation doesn't get updated in Sales Order.

Yes we are working with Goods Receipt, Material comes to our Warehouse and then given to the Customer.

Regards,

Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

it is not the standard reaction of the system. It should  create another schedule line for the new confirmation date. which is your schedule line type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

Our SAP Delivery team found the issue, it seems the same was related to a broken link in our system due to Upgrade. We are testing the Scenario after application of OSS Note and will get back to you in case still there is an issue.

Thankers for your support.

Regards

Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

it is very interesting, if you find time please sent me more details an this.

Regards

George