cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Overwrite Extended Service - what does it do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to implemet the GW service extension feature and I followed the below blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/gateway/blog/2014/08/08/extending-a-service-using-the-gateway-service-b...

and mine is IW_BEP SP08 in my screen I do  have a check box for Overwrite Extended Service,when I select this its overwritng the technical service name which I redefined as a Odata Model.

But when I use the URI it is not showing the extanded model payload(should show Flight, MARA & BANK entities)... it is still showing the base service payload(Flight& MARA entities only)

As I knew that GW service extension is valid for SP09 and I am getting the Service Extension Overwrite Base/Extended Service option....but I am unabl e to find the benift of Overwrite Extended Service check box ...whta its doing here when I choose this.

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh, as far as I tested, if you select this option, the original service wont be usable anymore and extended service will replace it. Personally, I think you just skip it.

Br Yevgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yevgen,

Thanks for the reply, even I tried on SP09 now and still the same I can't access the extended data model with base URI(extended model is accessible only with the extended URI only).Could you please advise me what do you mean by I skipped....I dont see any thing I missed.

info : IW_BEP SP09 has installed on ISU and Gateway is the HUB installation.

Thanks

Rajesh

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh, are you working with Multichannel for Utilities? You should not use that option Overwrite extended data. When you create overwritten service, don't select that option. You can also check the blog here: http://scn.sap.com/community/utilities/blog/2014/07/30/sap-multichannel-foundation-for-utilities-ext...

Br Yevgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yevgen,

No as I am trying to prove the concept(PoC) and I created very basic parent project with on Entity Flight(SFLIGHT) and generated RuntimeArtifacts and registered and tested.

Created a child project and redefined the parent into(Flight) , also created one more Entity BNKA while generated runtime artifact I selected the tick box for the overwrite base/extended service as per the above blog.

As I expected the base URI(parent) will return both the entities FLIGHT & BANK...but it is not.When I use the child only I am getting.

Thanks

Rajesh

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I see. I get your use case now. That sounds like a bug...Id expect base URI returning both entities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It got worked on AWS Gateway system , so concept is claer and we are identifying the issue that why can't the same working with our boxes/servers.

Thanks

Rajesh

Answers (0)