cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new navigation attribute to planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have created a new navigation attribute which is assigned to an existing characteristic within the planning area.

The new attribute is now part of the Plannin object structure but I'm not able to see it in the planning area - meaning I cannot add it to planning books or data sources.

How do I add the new attribute to the planning area?

I have tried to re-initialize the planning area but it did not help.

Regards

Anne Sofie Knæsted Sørensen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor

Hi Anne Sofie Knæsted Sørensen,

I would second the point suggested by Mariano, are you able to see Navigational attributes in /n/sapapo/sdp8b, i believe if you are able to see them in planing object structure then you should be able to see the same in sdp8b. Then from there you can drag the same to you planning book characteristics.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh

No I'm not able to see the attribute in the /SAPAPO/SDP8B - Define Planning Book - meaning I cannot drag and drop it into the planning book.

My issue is that I want to be able to see it here and do not know how to make that visable.

Regards

Anne Sofie

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

Can you see green light on attributes tab in RSA1 info object - characteristics, if no then the issue is with assignment of atributes to characteristics.

By any chance did you added these attributes for characteristics after assigning the planning object structure, if yes then delete the planning area and recreate the same and reassign the POS to planning area.

Plz let me know if none is true in your case.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh

Yes I can see at green light for the attribute tab in RSA1.

I have tried to create a new planning area and assigned it to the POS - the new planning area was not updated with the attribute.

Any other suggestions?

Regards

Anne Sofie

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

Can you share the screenshot of attribute tab of your characteristics, might help finding the issue.

Rgds

Sourabh

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anne Sofie,

You added attributes through RSD1 for an existing characteristic. I have seen in different threads that the PLOB needs to be re activated. Can you do it? Then you should be able to see the Attributes in SDP8B.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano

Yes you are right - it was the planning are which needed to be actived.

Thank you for your input.

Regards

Anne Sofie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor

Hi Anne Sofie,

Go to the planning book in /SAPAPO/SDP8B , go to characteristic tab and drag the attribute from right to left. Hit continue. Hit save.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano

The problem is that the new attribute is not visible in the list of characteristics meaning I cannot add it.

Hoe do I solve this?

Regards

Anne Sofie