Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance is very Poor for 20MB data in Lumira Trail Version 1.18

satish_reddy2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have downloaded the SAP Lumira Desktop to Visualize the 20MB Data (approx. 20k Rows with 10 Columns).

I have created the 6 Visualizations and I have created the Story with 6 Visualizations Then system went slow ... When I check the RAM it has reached maxium level and unable to the analysis and Dots are blinking in each Visualization...

Is there any difference between the Trail Version and Standard Desktop Version for SAP Lumira 1.18?

And Other thing is Input Controls are  very poor where as filter options are good in below softwares..

Spot Fire,

Tableu

In this area also if any difference between Trail Version Actual Version?

Please help..

Regards,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

20 000 rows by 10 columns should be absolutely fine.

if you say your RAM is being exhausted, then  that is more likely a shortage of machine resources.

For example, we do not know -  is it a 32 bit machine?   How much RAM is installed on the laptop?

Personally, I recommend 64 bit client with 8Gb RAM .

Regards,
H

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard version (the one that is not free) allows you to connect online to various data sources, which would be good in your case with so much data

I don't think it is good to be downloaded all that data; it is better to have it online and access only what you need (my opinion only)

Also see this release restriction note: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2020352

The free version allows you to connect to Excel, CSV

satish_reddy2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thank you.. I will check with regional SAP Guys to have demo with the Standard Version..

Regards,

Satish