Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Deployment Error: DCs get activated but not deployed

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am new to NWDI. I did some code modifications in my DC. When i check in my activity, it gets activated, but not getting deployed. At first i was getting authentication problem, that is resolved now. Now i get this CMS log:

20140819135816 Info :Aug 19, 2014 1:58:16 PM Info: com.sap.ASJ.dpl_api.001023 Deployment of [name: 'abc', vendor: 'XXXX.com' (sda)] finished.

20140819135816 Info :Aug 19, 2014 1:58:16 PM Info: com.sap.ASJ.dpl_api.001052 +++ Deployment of session ID [467] finished with status [Error] +++. [[ deployerId=7 ]] [[#49: 4.031 sec]] [

20140819135816 Info :===== Summary - Deploy Result - Start =====

20140819135816 Info :------------------------

20140819135816 Info :Type | Status : Count

20140819135816 Info ๐Ÿ˜† SCA(s)

20140819135816 Info ๐Ÿ˜† SDA(s)

20140819135816 Info :- [Aborted] : [1]

20140819135816 Info :Type | Status : Id

20140819135816 Info ๐Ÿ˜† SCA(s)

20140819135816 Info ๐Ÿ˜† SDA(s)

20140819135816 Info :- [Aborted] : name: 'abc', vendor: 'XXXX.com',

20140819135816 Info :===== Summary - Deploy Result - End =====

20140819135816 Info :]

20140819135816 Info :end of log

20140819135816 Info :End deployment:

20140819135816 Info :

20140819135816 Info :Summary of deployment

20140819135816 Info :==> deployment finished for abc (103) with rc=12

20140819135816 Info :deployment finished for buildspace: NDI_NDITK080_D

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it was caused due to difference in vendor name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

How coud you solve the problem. I am also facing the same problem. Could you tell me how to check vendor name and what are the things I have to perform to solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Teja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anybody of you detail me about manual deployment.

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pranay

manual deployment can be done in two ways

1. right click your dc in the studio ->Development Components->Deploy .

before doing this , in your studio go to windows->preference->sap j2ee engine -> fill the message server host and message server port i.e on selecting deploy it will ask for password , enter sdm password and your ear file will be deployed.

message server host --> host entry or IP address of the server to which you want to deploy and

message server port - > ask the basis person to give the port or else you can check via

http://serverhost:portno/index.html -- > click on system information --> it will prompt for user id and password .. fill the crendentials if you have and you will find the message port info in the top left corner. for more info refere the below link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1443866 -- to get message server port go through this link

2. you can take the ear file from your dc , in nwds studio open Navigator, expand the dc then dril down to gen->default->deploy -> here ear file will be available , copy the ear file and give that to your basis guys to deploy directly from SDM.

or follow this link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1884858 .

Regards

Govardan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

You had mentioned that you had already deployed your DC through NWDS on dev server. That is the manual deployment.

As per my understanding, your issue is that you're facing the issue only when your DC is deployed through NWDI.

Hence, if this is the case and as I mentioned earlier, please check the following points with the help of your BASIS team:

1. Check the disk space available in the Transport Directory of your NWDI server.

2. Please also check the admin rights of the folder on the server.

BR,

Anurag

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

i checked with BASIS guys about the points you mentioned above. Both the points are fine for me. Just want to know if Vendor name is making difference, because old ear file has some other vendor name.

How can i change Vendor name of the DC/track.

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

I would suggest you to create a dummy testDC in the track and try to checkin, activate and release the activity. This will help us to verify if the other DCs are getting released and deployed on the development server through NWDI.

By the way, did you check if your DC has any other DC dependencies which are in activated state but are yet not released.

Do one thing, disable automatic deployment option on activation in Runtime system. This way, you'll be able to view the activated activity in the Transport View of your NWDS. Then try to release the activity manually from there. There could be some existing predecessor activities for your activity which could be the reason for the deployment failure.

BR,

Anurag

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I had created a dummy DC and it got deployed successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

Did you face any issue during the automatic deployment of your dummy DC like you're facing for your other DC.

BR,

Anurag

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Anurag. that got deployed easily.

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got another issue for some other DC. Plz check this out "Error checking in Activity : Name reservation failed". Help me out if you are aware of that.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

Is this a new DC and a new track or is it is an existing DC on an existing track and you're just modifying it.

Have you already reserved names in SLD to avoid naming conflicts.

Please go through the below link to understand the concept of Name Reservation:

Name Reservation - System Landscape Directory - SAP Library

BR,

Anurag

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi pranay ,

can u please paste complete error details in the cms log

Regards

Govardan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

After activating the activity, did you release the activity from the Transport View of your NWDS as well.

BR,

Anurag

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when i do check in, it automatically goes off from open activities. And in Activity requests, i can see both the tab running for activation and deployment as well. after couple of minutes a check sign appears in activation tab and cross sign in deployment tab.

Attached log is what i got from there only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, that indicates that you are facing the issue on release of the activity.

You can do one thing, try to create an activity with a test component and if you still face the same issue on deployment, please check the below points:

1. Check the disk space available in the Transport Directory of your NWDI server.

2. Please also check the admin rights of the folder on the server.

BR,

Anurag

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

How to check disc space in transport directory.

is it always required to release the activity? From which tab i gotta do this, i.e. in close activity/release activity tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

You must have configured automatic deployment option on activation while configuring the Runtime Systems in CMS. Hence, it is triggering auto deployment once it is successfully activated in NWDS.

You can follow the below SAP help link on how to release the activity :

Releasing Activities - Scenario โ€œDeveloping Components with the NWDIโ€œ - SAP Library

In order to transport it to further systems in your landscape, releasing an activity is required.

For checking the disk space of your Transport directory, please ask your BASIS team. This needs to be checked at the OS level of your NWDI server.

BR,

Anurag

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

yes, i have automatic deployment configured. Do i have to bother about releasing activity?

I have deployed same way for other tracks, i am getting this error from past couple of weeks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

Did you try to deploy the activity through NWDS on your development server? Was it getting successfully deployed?

If yes, then create a dummy DC and check in, activate the same. If you still face the deployment issues, I have a strong feeling that either the disk space of your transport directory is full or else there could be some permission issues with that folder. Both of these reasons would result into deployment error.

As mentioned earlier, please ask your BASIS team to have a look once on the above points.

BR,

Anurag

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Anurag, i had deployed it through NWDS on my dev server.

i check with BASIS team.

Thanks.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have runtime system configured for dev in the track?

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes jun.