cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI central monitoring

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

we have one adapter engine and 7 decentral adapter engines to monitor.  To be delivered, waiting, holding, delivering, system error - we have to check all the five status for total of 8 engines.  that makes me do a lot of work -40 status in total to check.  I would like to know if any shortcut is available to do this.  kindly let me know of any automations that can be done. how it can be done??

Message was edited by: Kenny Scott

===============

title changed

===============

Message was edited by: Kenny Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194741
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Its seems to a Landscape oriented one, You can seek the help of BASIS person and try to perform Monitoring and Solution manager tool is available for this types of Administration of all adapter engines.

Thanks,

Karthick

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

Solution manager is totally new to me and it includes the entire SAP landscape.  From what i understand all the message monitoring details (To be delivered, holding, waiting, delivering, system error) are all stored in a database.  Can i somehow access this database directly through my own queries.

With Thanks & Regards,

V. Nirmal Kumar

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

Or Can  you kindly explain more briefly or point to some docs, how i can use solution manager for my monitoring task.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

select distinct STATUS, count(1) from SAPSR3DB.XI_AF_MSG GROUP BY STATUS;

Please refer to below wiki.

PI Adapter Engine Troubleshooting SQL Statements - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

If you can get a user with read-only(display) access, you can write simple java program and execute these queries.

Else if you can upgrade to SP 08(7.01) then have a look at the sap note #1400785 - Message Overview: automatic query of data with a servlet

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

This central monitoring from soluiton manager is available from PI version 7.11 sp06. but my version is 7.01 sp03.

With Thanks & Regards,

V. Nirmal Kumar.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to set up PI Monitoring within SAP Solution Manager. I guess it will cover your requirements.

Kind regards,

Dimitri