cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install the ADS(adobe document server) for offline biding?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRM expert,

Our business responsible told me to install the ADS(adobe document server) for offline biding?

do anyone have the installation guide, i even can't not find it on the sap website (i searched for ADS and Abode document server)

I only find out note 667313 - Adobe Document Service Installation on SAP Web AS 6.40

However it is Adobe Document Service not server...

Thank you so much to share your experience.

Best regards,

kate

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To achieve ADS functionality there is a need to have a Java stack connected with the existing ABAP stack. The J2EE systems based on older NetWeaver released need to have the ADS components deployed as well but systems based on the newer NetWeaver I believe the ADS components are deployed with the standard installation. There are ADS configuration guides and articles available on SCN and SMP. There are recommendations to use the Java stack of the Solution Manager system but as far as I know it is not recommended by SAP and also you need to consider the dependency between the connected system.

Regards

RB

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly refer SCN link

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kate,

ADS service is provided by java stack. You can install a separate java stack which would work as a dedicated  server.

Refer

Regards