cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if BC sets for rulesets are activated correctly?

former_member399658
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would just like to know how to check if BS sets for rulesets are activated correctly.

When I click on Activation log I get an error there are no activation logs available for this selection.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

As per your furnished info, it clearly indicated that the particular BC set is not yet activated.

Unless and until you see details under activation logs, that BC set is not activated once. If some of it ends with warning or error, you must be able to see the same.

Kindly be more specific with your issues.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member399658
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ameet and Neeraj,

When I go to the BC sets and try to see log I get following error for all the BC sets as Neeraj.

Abhisshek

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to activate the bc-set: GRAC_RA_RULESET_COMMON first.

former_member399658
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ameet/ Niraj

Do I have to still activate the BC set for a ruleset in the system.

What is my understanding is If you have a ruleset you are moving from a legacy system, you do not need to activate ruleset BC sets.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Abhisshek

former_member204204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recommend you to go through the below document for basic & better understanding of access risk analysis part.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1564

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to activate the relevant BC-sets even after you move it from the legacy system.

Ameet

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisshek

The common rule set contains business process definitions and other values. When you went to activate them via the wizard which option did you choose?

A way to check if activated is to choose the BC Set comparison  -compare your config against the BC Set. If you do not get a green light (assuming you have not made changes to the config after activating the BC set) then you have not activated it properly.

Regards

Colleen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisshek,

As other mentioned, there is a straight forward way to check whether BC Set is activated or not. You can check the BC Set Log and if there is no log, means, BC set is not activated.

Another concerned area would be....... If you have moved rules data from source system to your target system (target system where you are checking the BC Set log), then you need NOT to activate the BC Sets. Activating BC Set would overwrite your existing rules data. If you migrate rules data from other source system and then active the BC Sets, your all migrated rules would be replaced with BC Set standard ruleset, provided you have same riskid/functionids.

So be careful before activating the BC Sets!!!!!!

Thanks & Regards
Neeraj

former_member399658
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Manocha,

You are exaclty correct!

I guess then my question is wrong we just migrated from GRC 5.3 to GRC 10.1 and I dont want new standard ruleset because I already have one from existing system. If I activate them then my migrated rules would be replaced. So quit obvious BC log will not be available.

My problem is when I do risk analysis I am not getting proper result.

The ruleset output is not accurate.

The GRC reports are not checking all possible conflicts set up in the

rule set that lead to risks. They only analyse the first conflict for a

risk in the rule set (Rule ID 0001). If this is found in the

authorizations it shows a risk in the report, if not it doesn't show

one.

I compared all the uploaded ruleset but then still the same issue.

Regards,

Abhisshek

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisshek

If that is the case aren't you now back to your original question

In this post you asked the question and Alessandro gave you some advise to check by you did not respond? On checking the link he responded with it goes back to another one of your questions

Trying to understand why you are asking multiple questions for the same problem?

Are these three posts (including this one) for the same issue? If so, my finger is moving towards the Alert Moderator button to have this removed as duplicate.

If you are using your own ruleset then there is no need to activate the BC Set (you can use it to compare if you want to see differences). Alternatively, you could have activated it and then migrated your data to replace it. Or activate, download it via IMG for copy to analyse and then delete.

Regards

Colleen

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes Abhisshek.

Try to keep the different queries in different Threads. There is no benefit to have multiple queries into one Thread as this may lead to lot of confusion.

Also, try to appreciate the colleagues who helps to resolve your query via assigning points, wherever necessary.

Thanks & Regards
Neeraj

SAP GRC SCN Moderator

former_member399658
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Neeraj/ Colleen,

I actually thought one of the reason not getting proper Risk analysis data is BS sets not activated.

But now I unnderstand that if the data is migrated from old system to new one then no need to activate BC sets.

Next time I will not mix up the question and put it on SCN but just finding the answer of my other two posts. Apologies !

Regards,

Abhisshek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisshek,

If you have got yourself pretty much convinced then closing this thread with the proper response should be your next move.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member204204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I suspect that you have not activated the BC Set related to rule sets. If you have activated any of the below rule sets then you can find entries in the respective tables.

BC Set

GRAC_RA_RULESET_COMMON - GRACBPROC,GRACBPROCT,GRACFUNC,GRACFUNCT,GRACRULESETT

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_R3 - GRACSODRISKRS

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_BASIS -GRACFUNCPRMEXT

I have specified the most common BC sets which every organization activates as it includes rules related to ECC& HR Systems, so check whether you can find any entries in those tables or under activation logs for the respective BC Set if not then you have to activate the one suitable for your org..

Regards,

Neeraj

former_member399658
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Neeraj,

Thanks for your reply I get the result in below table for this BC sets

BC Set

GRAC_RA_RULESET_COMMON - GRACBPROC,GRACBPROCT,GRACFUNC,GRACFUNCT,GRACRULESETT

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_R3 - GRACSODRISKRS

But for this below BC sets I dont get results do I need to activate the BC sets for this as well.

Please check I dont get any result I hope I am perfroming right steps?

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_BASIS

Abhisshek