cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrambling PERNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a doubt, is it ok to scramble fields like PERNR? Will the Organizational structure be affected? I'm affraid the HRP tables will lose their objects connection, so that is why I'm asking...

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jerrin_francis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

SAP standard rule is available for PERNR scrambling , the rule is 'Rule_Personnel_Number'.

The standard SAP delivered rule takes care of HRP tables as well, hence the  organizational structure will remain intact even after scrambling.

So, I suggest you to use standard SAP delivered for PERNR scrambling, if you are creating custom rule you have to take care to include domains for HRP tables as well in the rule for consistent scrambling.

Note: The standard SAP rule 'Rule_Personnel_Number' is available from SP07.

Regards,

Jerrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerrin, thank you once more for the helpful answer, I was not aware of SP07 new crambling rules. I are currently on SP06 though.

I imagine that if a new Personnel Number rule is included in standard TDMS, then it must be a complex rule with several table fields and maybe exclusive Routines...

We are considering the SP07 update with basis team and the client, but we are short on time, so would it be possible to apply this scramble rule as custom rule in our system?

Just considering all options..

Thank you very much!

jerrin_francis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

It is recommended to upgrade to SP07 and use the standard solution for PERNR scrambling .

If you are not able to upgrade, please contact SAP for further support on this issue.

Regards,

Jerrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jerrin thank you very much, your insight on TDMS has helped us better understand how it works.

In this point, we are putting the upgrade for SP07 as the last option, so we are analysing every option available, and maybe you can help me validate this one:

- If I declare a Table in a Top Include, for example with PERNR_OLD and PERNR_NEW, would it be possible to scramble PERNR in one rule, updating this table, and then use this table later in a different rule to map other fields accordingly? In order to do this, we would have to able to set the right sequence in runtime for the scramble rules.

Do you have any ideia if this would work?

Thank you very much,

Mario

jerrin_francis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

As you have already opened an Incident with SAP already, let us take this discussion offline over the customer incident.

Regards,

Jerrin

Answers (0)