cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System allowed stock transfer from 916 bin X to 916 bin X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We created a sales order and outbound delivery , now created TO for picking system somehow  allowed stock transfer from 916 bin 0800582058 to 916 bin 0800582058 and after PGI stock is still showing in 916 bin 0800582058 , a very strange scenario as generally system will throw error while trying to do stock transfer from same dynamic bin with error dynamic bin 0800582058 doesnot exist. Is this a bug.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

was it automatically created this way or was this a user entry that cause that from-quant and to-quant are equal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

Automatically created, 601 movement not 999 movement

Former Member
0 Kudos

601 mvt manual TO creation not allowed...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not mean if the TO was created automatically or manually.

I wanted to know if the from and Destination data came already filled like shown in your screenshot or if the user changed the information manually.

I would not have a storage type 916 in my storage type search sequence hence quants from 916 would never appear in the from data section of a TO for a delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It didnt came automatically I have created same scenario in sandbox replica of PRD also in stoarge type search sequence also 916 is not mentioned I have checked the same.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you mentioned is not an standard SAP process flow.

Could you please share the steps detail along with the T-code which you are following.

Screenshot of Stock before the Transfer order creation and after the creation

Storage type search detail from LE--WM----Strategies ---STORAGE TYPE SEARCH STRATEGY

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was able to replicate that scenario.

When I entered the same data in from and destination data then I got a warning message asking me to check the entered data. After accepting this warning the TO could be posted.

But that is usual with SAP, the user decision has precedence if it does not create inconsistencies or serious damage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen
I again tried in sandbox got following error , storage bin XXXXXXXXX doesnt exist in 916

can you please provide me screen shot of your above Test,  also can this be the reason that after PGI (601) the material still is showing in 916 s type and has not decreased.??Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in your new test you get this error since you have no quant of this material in 916.

Create a delivery with 2 items of the same material, create a TO for the first item  and get the stock to 916.

then process a TO for the second item and make your changes.

This is the screenshot, I just tested it with a different storage type, but you can see that source and destination data is equal in all fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a Ton Jurgen, appreciate your help.

Answers (0)