cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation Error "[SQL0423] Locator *N not valid."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to install SAP Advanced Adapter Engine Extended (based on Netweaver 7.4 SR1 Java Stack) but getting following error at the Java Import step (table J2EE_CONFIGENTRY):

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[main,5,main]] Info: Trying to delete from table J2EE_CONFIGENTRY

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[main,5,main]] Info: J2EE_CONFIGENTRY deleted

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[main,5,main]] Info: Importing data into table J2EE_CONFIGENTRY

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[main,5,main]] Info: Rows to insert: 310681

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[main,5,main]] Fatal: DB Error during import of J2EE_CONFIGENTRY

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[main,5,main]] Fatal: Database access error: [SQL0423] Locator *N not valid.

OpenSQLExceptionCategories: [] (SQLState: 0F001, ErrorCode: -423)

I'm using the latest SWPM (SWPM10SP06_3).

Installation of an Netweaver 7.4 ABAP Stack was working without problems.

Best Regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

SQL0423 error was not reproted to SAP before, so the reason is not clear. I think you should

make sure you have the latest PTFs installed on your server first. Also you can check the os job

log to find more detail.

Best Regards

Daniel

dorothea_stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

in addition to what Daniel says, please check the JDBC driver version you are using, e.g. using the following command being called from within the driver directory:

java -cp jt400.jar utilities.AboutToolbox

SAP note 654800 has the details. Like Daniel says, this error hasn't occurred for a long time, so I almost assume that it got newly introduced, likely by PTF or JDBC driver. (It could also be the SAP installation code, but I'd expect to see a different exception.)

It would be interesting to know if an older driver version fixes the problem.

Best regards,

Dorothea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dorothea,

I'm using following JDBC driver:

IBM Toolbox for Java

Open Source Software, JTOpen 8.3, codebase 5770-SS1 V7R2M0.00 built=20140801@L17

Supports JDBC version 4.0

Toolbox driver version 10.3

Installation of an ABAP Netweaver 7.4 system was working without problem (same SWPM, JDBC, Kernel, ...).

Best Regards

Patrick

dorothea_stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

8.3 is the newest version from August. Please try JTOpen 8.1, or even JTOpen 7.8 if you are still using IBM i 7.1 or 6.1 as a database server.

In parallel, we'll try to reproduce the problem with 8.3...

Best regards,

Dorothea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dorothea,

I will now use JTOpen 7.8.

Unfortunately I got the error at the step "Install common system files":

Last error reported by the step Caught ESAPinstException in module call: Command CRTR3SYS SID(XJD) GLOBALHOST(*LOCAL* NUCUC(*YES) failed. Return: 65280;CPD0160: Programm CMDMAINQ in Bibliothek *LIBL nicht gefunden.;CPF0006: Im Befehl ist ein Fehler aufgetreten

Could you help me with this as well?

Best Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I just confirmed th problem does exists with JTOpen 8.3, and by replacing the jt400.jar file in the /sapmnt/SID/jdbc/tbx folder you can retry and overcome this issue. You can try this if you still haven't get rid of the initial installation and then you delete the new system.

If you need the new install, then I think you might have a problem with the recreate of the kernel library SAPXJDIND. Can you check if it exists and if it is empty?  - WRKJOB SAPXJDIND/*ALL- This is my guess... if so, you might need to completely delete the library -DLTLIB SAPXJDIND- and let the SAPILED deamon job recreate a new one before retrying SAPInst

Regards,

Luis Gonzalez

SAP on IBM i Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis Gonzalez,

I have now successfully installed the SAP system with JTOpen 7.8.

Thank you for you help.

Best Regards

Patrick

Khouri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Sorry to open again this blog but I'm facing similar error in SUM of Java stack phase "IMPORT JLOAD", I'm using the newest SUM and PTFs are up to date,

JDBC driver:" db4: This is 'Open Source Software, JTOpen 8.4, codebase 5770-SS1 V7R2M0.00 built=20141125 @M8', JDBC API version 4.0"

The error message:

------------------------------

J2EE_CONFIGENTRY deleted

Importing data into table J2EE_CONFIGENTRY

Rows to insert: 312394

DB Error during import of J2EE_CONFIGENTRY

Database access error: [SQL0423] Locator *N not valid.

OpenSQLExceptionCategories: [] (SQLState: 0F001, ErrorCode: -423)

--------------------------------

I understand that I need to download an older version of JTOpen in order to fix the problem and put the jt400.jar in  /sapmnt/SID/jdbc/tbx, right?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Hadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadi,

you are correct. JTOpen version 8.2 is right version to use for now. Recent versions 8.3 and 8.4 will run into this issue. A fix will be provided in an upcomming version release.

Regards,

Luis

Khouri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Appreciate if you can guide me by the following:

1.) Currently I'm still in up time phase, means that my source system (NW7.02) is still running with an old jt400.jar (JTOpen 7.4) under /sapmnt/sid/JDBC/tbx.

2.) SUM asked me before  in configuration step 5.3 to "update the JDBC driver" because a valid Toolbox JDBC driver (JDBC 4.0 compliant) could not be found.

I downloaded the newest JTOpen 8.4  and put jt400.jar in upgrade download directory and asked SUM to use it instead of the jt400.jar from /sapmnt/sid/JDBC/tbx and it works fine until this phase "Import JLOAD"

I tried just to exchange the jt400,jar under the upgrade directory but it doesn't work

The jt400.jar file exist in the following folder:

a- /usr/sap/sid/SUM/sdt/data/jdbc/new

b- /usr/sap/sid/SUM/sdt/jdbc/

c- /usr/sap/sid/SYS/jdbc/tbx

According to the size of the file seems that b- and c- are the same ( JTOpen 7.4)?
I guess I need to replace the once under /SUM/new folder?

Or can I just replace all them in up time phase?

Best regards,

Hadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadi,

you are correct... you should replace the jdbc drivers on a) and b), SUM should take care of c) later at a down-phase. There should be addition information on the logs to point to the exact file in use in case you still run into the problem.

To find out more details about your files, you can always run the following command:
java -classpath <path to jdbc>/jt400.jar utilities.AboutToolbox

Regards,

Luis

Khouri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I would confirm that the above solution fixed the problem and I'm able to continue the SUM process.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hadi

Answers (0)