Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Notification, Error in RFC Connection

former_member214915
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created the OData service which can do subscription and also push notification.I followed all the steps from the http://scn.sap.com/community/gateway/blog/2012/12/03/pushing-notifications-made-easy-push-a-notifica...
,i created the HTTP connection to External server but when i am trying to test the connection it is giving error as connection failed i am attaching the screen shot of RFC connection

Please provide the solutions.

Regards,

Shahezad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214915
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Problem solved .Actually Host entry needed on SAP server.Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Shahezad

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

klaudio_lilo
Explorer
0 Kudos

The user you are using in this RFC is the user that is connecting to SUP system so SAP access is not relevant. What logon procedure are you using? (share Logon & Security tab)

I recommend creating a admin user in SUP and use that username and password in the SAP RFC. This way you eliminate the possibility of the user access and privileges in SUP.

Regards.

Klaudio

former_member214915
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Klaudio,

I am using the username and password which is for SUP admin ,and one thing that is i am not able activate the SSL it is giving message that it is not available.

Now i am getting the error as connection refused "NIECONN_REFUS" i am not understanding at which side problem is occurring.

Regards,

Shahezad

former_member214915
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can anybody provide me the procedure or process how to see that the HTTP listener application is switched on/off.

Regards,

Shahezad

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shahezad,

Hope you are doing good.
From the comments section of the link:

"

Just in case you don't have any HTTP listener application in your system, you will have to download one from the internet.

You can use the Membrane monitor (open source):

http://www.membrane-soa.org/soap-monitor/
"

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Muhammad,

Please cross check the Target Host and Port/Service No. again. Make sure that both are correct.

Regards,

Ashwin

arunchembra1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahezad,

Make sure that you have sufficient authorization for the user which you are using.

Transaction : SU53

Thanks,

Arun

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shahezad,

Hope you are doing good.

You are trying to create a HTTP connection to an external system. A similar RFC should be configured/ running on the external system.
Please check the rfc, workprocess traces for more info.

GW Trace mat also help:

- to enable the trace with trace level 2, run transaction SMGW --> Goto --> Trace --> Gateway --> Increase Level

- to reduce the trace level afterwards, run transaction SMGW --> Goto --> Trace --> Gateway --> Reduce Level

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

former_member214915
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

You are saying that to create and configure the same RFC on External system,but external system is not SAP system it is SUP system which is java based so how i can make RFC connection on that .

Regards,

Shahezad

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shahezad,

Hope you are doing good.
I am not sure about this configuration blog, but from the Basis end, the link you mentioned states:

"

Also, make sure that the HTTP listener application is switched on and listening to the IP address. Once done, run a connection test which must be a success.
"
You need to do this on the backend server.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS