cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

could you please tell me what is the purpose of defining PH in the material master record?

What are the benefits of using it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sadhu and Vinay

Other thing, can I print reports for the differents levels of the Product Hierarchy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerado,

I hope my previous post may helps you.

Yes, You can print the levels of the product hierarchy through a report.

Use the view <b>V_T179</b> to display Product hierarchy with level numbers.

Plz reward points if it is helpful.

Thanks,

Vinay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends, thanks a lot for your answers.

I tried to mark solve the questions in the Sadhu and Vinay answers but I couldn't

I think that both of you deserve the 10 points

Regards, Gerardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

thats a really nice comment from you. Thank you so much !!!!

regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

The product hierarchy on the Basic Data screen is used to depict the competitive materials of competitor 1 in relation to those of competitor 2. Here, your own company and its materials are also regarded as a competitor and as competitive materials respectively. You can use this representation as a basis for market analyses.

Normally we enter competitive materials using material type WETT. When entering your own materials as competitive materials, you can, however, display the product hierarchy on the Basic Data screen for other material types too.

<a href="http://big4guy.com/index.php/2006/03/20/sap_pp_interview_questions_what_is_a_pro">Product Hierarchy</a>

The product hierarchy is used to group materials by combining different features. It is used for analyses and pricing. A product hierarchy can consist of up to eighteen characters. Its features can be combined in various ways.

Example: A dishwasher can be described by product hierarchy 00010000200000002. This series of characters states that dishwashers belong to the category electrical appliances (series of characters 00001, position 1-5), and also to wet appliances (series of characters 00002, position 6-10) and, finally, to dishwashers (series of characters 00000002, position 11-18).

One can maintain the product hiearchy via transaction "OVSV" and "V/76.

Path = IMG-Logistics General-Material master-Setting for Key fields-Data revelant to SD-Define Product hierarchy.

Hope it helps. Please reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks Sadhu, your answer is very helpful.

I mean the product hierarchy sales field. Sales:sales org 2

One more question, can I define more levels or only 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerado,

The product hierarchy is maintained in the Basic Data view of the material master record, and is used for evaluation as well as price determination in materials management.

The standard SAP allows only 3 levels ,but you can go upto 6 levels ,for additional 3 levels u will have to take abapper help and add 3 more fields and corresponding data element into structure.so that in material master drop down you will see 6 levels.

The transaction which will be useful to change product hierarchies for material master will be <b>V/76</b>.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the standard version, you can create a product hierarchy with up to three levels.But as shared in the preivious update we can customize and get more than 3 levels.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kishore,

How I am working on the Product hierarchy,our requirement is to change the Product hierarchy to 6 levels,I have changed the structure PRODHS .and maintained the hierarchy values in v/76.

with that its over or I need to change in other areas as it has effect on procing and LIS.

rgds

karna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I need to add 6 levels in the Product Hirearchy is it only configuration i mean a functional person can do it if so please give me the steps or is it a ABAP persons work?

Thanks,

Nithya.