cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make settings for array for perfomance In BO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I have few queries

(1Q)How do we make settings for array size for performance in BO? Could u please give with navigation?

(2Q)I have  universe1, and and on top of universe1, i deveoped 10 different reports, How to find 10 reports belongs to universe1?

(3Q) In webi report, I want to get serial no for product (for ex sl no: 1,2,3,4,5......N) How do i achieve this?

(4Q) Is there any mechanism to check at webi report level, that the webi data is having Loop (inappropriate data)?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Kittu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(1Q)How do we make settings for array size for performance in BO? Could u please give with navigation?

Array Fetch is the number of records to be extracted from database at each fetch. E.g if your report query is supposed to fetch 5000 records and array fetch size is set to 100 then business object will connect to database 50 times and retrieve 100 records in each fetch. This will degrade the performance of the reports.

It is therefore preferred to modify the array fetch size as per the adequate memory on the client side.

Please find the below link for more info.

http://scn.sap.com/community/semantic-layer/blog/2014/05/14/universe-optimization-techniques

(2Q)I have universe1, and and on top of universe1, i deveoped 10 different reports, How to find 10 reports belongs to universe1?

You need to write below Q in Query builder queries

SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME, SI_WEBI, SI_OWNER FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS, CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS, CI_APPOBJECTS

Where PARENTS ("SI_NAME = 'Webi-Universe'", "SI_NAME = 'Universe Name'")

(3Q) In webi report, I want to get serial no for product (for ex sl no: 1,2,3,4,5......N) How do i achieve this?

Try WebI Function any webi

(4Q) Is there any mechanism to check at webi report level, that the webi data is having Loop (inappropriate data)?

There is no option at webI, you need to check weather data is displaying correct or not at webI level.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Thanks for ur support.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

PLEASE change the question is Answered and blog as helpful & answered.

former_member207878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find answer of your questions below:

1. In Universe Designer,  Go to -> File ->Parameters-> Edit Connection-> Click Next

There you will find Array fetch size, you can increase it as per your requirement.

2. For this, open report in Webi-> Goto Edit Mode-> Edit Query-> On left hand side you will find Properties tab, there you can see that this webi report belongs to which universe.

3. Can you please elaborate your question that what you want to do?

4. No, There is no mechanism to detect it in webi level.

Cheers,

Sahil