cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana cloud portal: roles correaltion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to HANA cloud portal and SAPUI5 and find this whole concept very amazing and exciting.

Kindly correct me if I am worng:

1. Organizational roles are well suited for a security at a  page level.

2. Technical roles are more low level roles used by administrator or creator.

My question is can we map the technical role to the organizational role? Is this corelation is possible?

Use case would be to give admin role(technical) to the manager(organization) so that he can make changes in the site.

Thanks and Regards

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Your assumptions are correct, technical roles are used for managing an account and to define who can contribute as a site author. Organization roles are created to restrict access at the site and pages level to specific users or groups.

You can assign the role of administrator or site creator to an individual user or to a defined group. In case you are working on trial, there is a limitation of one admin therefore the group assignment is open only in the productive version. You can find more details here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ifat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ifat,

Thanks a lot for the answer. I have a doubt:

1. Suppose we create a role in Hana Cockpit, say Role_XYZ and assign a user say pxyz, then this would reflect under authorization tab of the Hana cloud portal

2. If to the same user(pxyz), I assign administrator role from Techincal Role section, then this user would have both the roles(Technical and Organizational). Is this assumption correct?

Also, we can assing custom roles in web.xml file. How can we dynamically assign technical roles to these custom roles?

Best Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Looks like the page I referred you to has a wrong description, we will fix that.

You can assign an administrator role (technical role) to individual users or a group. The group can be defined in two ways:

1. Create a group in your Identity Provider.
  2. Define a group in the HANA Cloud Platform cockpit under Authorizations.

In your example the user (pxyz) will be assigned to both technical and organizational roles. Note that if a user was assigned to admin role, he can manage the account as well as access all sites and pages.

Regards,

Ifat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ifat,

Sorry for the delay. I am playing around with the tool.

Also, what I was trying to say is, how can we map the custom roles from web.xml to the existing IDP/J2EE egine roles. I have searched and found that we can do it using web-j2ee-engine.xml file where we can do mapping.

This is true for J2EE engine. Is this same logic valid for other 3rd party IDP's as well?

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Roles defined in the web.xml of an application are called predefined roles. These roles are mapping the authorizations at the application level (not related to the portal).

You can get more information on application related roles here: SAP HANA Cloud Platform

Regards,

Ifat.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Moving to space where this question does belong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vladimir!