Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query SAP tables such as BKPF, BAPI or SQL driver

former_member183984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am quite new to SAP.

I have few doubts concerning querying SAP tables such as BKPF, BSAS.

1. if I were to query these tables to fetch data, RFC enabled functions are better or SQL driver based queries?

2. Are there built in RFC enabled functions for all SAP tables?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Palai

You mean that you want to access the database tables directly?  In SAP application you can query the table thru SAP application. Could you share your requirement?

Regards

Sriram

former_member183984
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to access SAP table data outside SAP. say, using a .Net application, for that perhaps I can use a BAPI. I think there are many Builtin BAPIs which allows to access table data via RFC (please correct me if I am wrong).

There are many function modules, such as READ_BPKF which allows me to read the BKPF table data by passing few table field values. Its not a remote enabled module though (I believe then I cant use this for RFC calls, please correct me if I am wrong).

So, in this context, following are my questions:

1. Is there a built-in remote enabled function module for each SAP table?

2. If I were to query SAP tables outside SAP, not using SAP t codes, is RFC function calls are more effective that using OLEDB/ODBC drivers?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

You may create a custom function module which is RFC enabled . The contents of function module should be based on your requirement to select data from respective tables and export the content to a parameter tables which will be transferred to calling application ( .NET in your case).

Within .NET application you may define belowSAP connection parameters to establish the connection :

SAP gteway host

SAP instance

SAP client

User and password

You may call above SAP functional module from your .NET application to pull required data,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member183984
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Thanks a lot for the details, now I am much more clear on the matter.

Just to trouble you again (to save time on programming may be ), I see a lot of remote enabled module to query SAP tables.

Is it an SAP strategy to provide a remote enabled module to query each SAP tables?

Or its just to facilitate customers that, only for more frequently used tables lets say FICO tables, more remote enabled function modules are provided?

In latter case, I would be more clear in my approach & prepared on the level of customization, since that might involve customizing from scratch for some SAP tables.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

Is it an SAP strategy to provide a remote enabled module to query each SAP tables?

Or its just to facilitate customers that, only for more frequently used tables lets say FICO tables, more remote enabled function modules are provided?

SAP has provided some remote enabled functions catering to specific requirements within their design. They are not designed to pull data only from a single table.

If the customer requirement is getting fulfilled with std delivered function modules customer can directly use them or create a copy and customize as per requirement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)