Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirment for taking a incremantal backup of Particuler table in oracle 11 G

former_member686472
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

We have a requirement of incremental backup  of Particular table in SAP . Is there any way in sap 0r oracle to take a incremental backup of  Particular table .

If any buddy know please share your valuable points it would be help for me and others as well .

Like Example , i have a list of tables , i want to take backup of only those table , i don't need full db backup  ., if some one no please share your idea and also how to run daily if it is possible at sap level or DB level

Tables
KONV
QAVE
QALS
BSAD
BSAK
BSID
BSIK
VBAP
LIKP
LIPS
VBAK
VBRK
VBRP
ZPLAN
MSEG
MKPF
KNC1
T023T
TWEWT
LFA1
T001W
ZCHASSIS

Thanks

Regards

Arpit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use flash_back_query if you are using oracle database.

some like this

Create table BACKUP02102014 as select * from SAPSR3.YOURTABLE

AS OF TIMESTAMP

TO_TIMESTAMP('02-10-2014 00:00:00','DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS');

and tomorow you doing

Create table BACKUP03102014 as select * from SAPSR3.YOURTABLE

AS OF TIMESTAMP

TO_TIMESTAMP('03-10-2014 00:00:00','DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS');

We have a situation for expecific day. But you can do other ,..like this

Only diferents

select * from BACKUP03102014

minus

select * from BACKUP02102014 ;

or export by expdp oracle utility or make backup

r3trans -w  -> you can export data from backuptable

Regards

Sandro Lobo

Message was edited by: Sandro Lobo

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You cannot take an incremental backup of a particular table or a set of tables. If your requirement is to backup few tables then you have the option to export a table or a set of tables (completely) using the BR*Tools which uses the Oracle expdp and impdp tools.

The tables will be exported at the OS level as a dump file.

You cannot schedule backups (including incremental) for tables.

Regards

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

We have a requirement of incremental backup  of Particular table in SAP . Is there any way in sap 0r oracle to take a incremental backup of  Particular table .

Incremental backup of SAP tables is not directly possible using SAP Backup tools for Oracle DB.

You can look for options of taking table export on daily basis using a script.

Script should be having select clause containing client and date details .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simplest way is to use r3trans -w with select * tablename in a script and schedule it in crontab.

Regards

former_member686472
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Divyanshu ,

Thanks for you reply , but requirement is like that , first time i scheduled that script with particular table , it will run ,  but in next day whatever update data in the  table ,  i need only that table backup not all table .

is it possible ?.

Regards

Arpit

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Since these are every few tables, the script would export the whole table and should replace the old back. So, I believe taking in this way is easy and trusted.

If you want to take incremental backup, you will have to define you own query and the would be bit cumbersome.

Regards

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Backups do not target the tables (only tablespace, database or datafiles) but can be incremental.

You can only 'backup' as specific table using export/import tool (datapump) but this does offer any incremental option.

A solution could be to move all the tables for which you want that incremental backup to a specific tablespace... and perform incremental backup of that tablespace.

Brtools does support incremental backup, you can even use BCT

964619 - RMAN: Incremental backups with Block Change Tracking

In 12c a new feature in rman allows to restore a table without needing to restore the entire, containing tablespace... but 12c is not supported yet...

There are some tables that could be quite big in the list you provided, Oracle export could take sometime to run.

Why do you want to have such a backup for these tables ?

Regards