cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing value of field on Change Request screen dynamically based on another and when Submit pressed

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have added 2 fields Status and Reason to Change Request screen in MDG-S using reuse option.

My requirement is whenever user selects Status as 'Closed', Reason should be blank.

Also once the user clicks Submit, if Status is not equal to 'Closed', I need to automatically change it to 'Closed' and again Reason should be blank.

Can someone please guide me how I can achieve the above. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are these two fields master data or are they specific to the change request? I mean do you want to keep these fields with the supplier record or do you just need them for the MDG CR approval process?

If the answer is that you need these fields for the CR approval process only, then you must not enhance the data model with those two fields. You should enhance the CR header with those fields. See this document for how to do so: .

If the answer is that you need these fields in the master data table, what you are doing is called "derivation" and you should be able to use BRF+ derivation functions. Please see these two documents on how do so:

As mentioned in previous posts, please check this document always for examples on how to enhance and configure standard MDG behavior: . You should bookmark it.

Answers (0)