cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Part not working fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a standard restore using BRtools. But my ABAP system is working fine, oracle working fine but JAVA part is not working fine.

Means the java application server is not getting started.please help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Are you are able to launch the Configtool ?

Also make sure that the file system data (/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS<NN>/j2ee for the Java system is available.

Note:If there is a change in the SID and hostame then the standard DB restore wont be sufficient for the J2EE stack.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the Config tool is working fine. Also.file system data is properly available.Also, config tool is showing the details from DC site.(please read the first reply given by me to Divyanshu)

But I have a doubt for SID and hostname. Can you tell me how to check the hostname for my system??

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is there a difference in the hostname and SID of the system between the source and the target system then the Java stack wont start.

You can read to this article to understand how the instance ID is calculated.

Also read this SAP note 1924336 - Java node 'Instance_bootstrap' terminated with exit code 508

If this is during a DR then I would temporarily rename the hostname of the DR node with the primary one and start SAP (if there is no change in the SID).

Also system copy guides are available on http://service.sap.com/guidefinder

Regards

RB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DB export/import  OR Backup restore is not a copy procedure for Java stack.

You need to export the Java instance from source and then import into target which brings up all your instance specific configuration to target.

Go to service.sap.com/systemcopy and then look for system copy guide for more details.

Regards,

Nick Loy

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share dev_dispatcher/server0 and std_dispatcher/server0 logs.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Actually This issue is on our SOLMAN system at data Recovery site.The problem according to me is that the installation ID details in bootstrap properties file at DR site are not present. While at Data Centre site(main site), the installation ID details are present.

Can I just copy and put the file from DC to DR system. Will that resolve my issue...???

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share bootstrap* log files ?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you will share the logs, you will get to know of the exact cause.

BTW, you are restoring the backup - was this backup taken from the same system ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the log file for DR Solman system

No, the backup was not taken fron the same system.That is why there ID's are different.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "cluster_data/server/ID3629150" does not exist.

This is because after the restore, instance ID is changed in database.

Even if you change the hostname and replace *.properties files, you will face problems in future updated.

So, this won't work as far as I know.

Other option is: Use system copy tools.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way in Config tool through which we can update our files at DR system.

Or Can we change the intance.properties and bootstrap.properties at DC site as we are seeing at DR site database.  Will It work...??

Or only System copy tools can help...???

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know and have already experienced, even if you make changes the system will come up but you won't be able to use update tools in future.

So, better you go with system copy tools and refer guide.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,,,Can you please provide the links for SYSTEM copy guide for ABAP+JAVA Systems??

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW.. read this thread to know why this wont work.

I have already answered in detail on this.